Education & Credentials
University of South DakotaB.A., 1992
Tulane University Law SchoolJ.D., 2006
- cum laude
- The Legal 500 United States
- Construction Real Estate Litigation, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Construction, Commercial Litigation, 2020-2023
- Arizona Super Lawyers®
- "Rising Star," Business Litigation, 2012-2013
- "Rising Star," Construction Litigation, 2014-2016
Representation of one of the nation’s largest homebuilders in defeating certification of a purported class of homeowner plaintiffs seeking in excess of $100 million in damages based upon various allegations of fraud and nondisclosure.
Representation of a California real estate developer in $6 million change order and payment dispute involving a $40 million luxury apartment complex.
Representation of a commercial general contractor in $8 million mechanic’s lien and payment dispute involving construction of a new $50 million high rise luxury hotel, successfully resolved without litigation.
Representation of two majority shareholders of multi-location restaurant chain in multi-million dollar fraud and embezzlement dispute with minority shareholder resulting in favorable settlement and ouster of minority shareholder.
Representation of a large municipality in a claim against an international manufacturer and system designer of a membrane module filtration system used to treat potable water. The claim was settled on very favorable terms for the client.
Representation of commercial general contractor in $3M dispute involving claims of alleged defective design and/or construction of retaining wall adjacent to 1000-stall underground parking structure.
Representation of public healthcare provider in development of construction contract documentation for $1B multi-year construction program.
Participated in the successful defense of a major home builder in an AAA arbitration proceeding against allegations of concealment and misrepresentation regarding a newly constructed subdivision and surrounding property.
Achieved a favorable settlement for a merchandise supplier client in a federal court suit involving defense of a breach of contract claim and prosecution of a counterclaim for breach of contract and nonpayment against a major retail food franchisor.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Arizona Builders Alliance, Member, Community Service Board
- Arizona Chapter of Associated General Contractors of America, Firm Representative
- Alliance for Construction Excellence
- Co-Author, “Builders Beware: The Implied Warranty of Workmanship and Habitability Is Set in Stone,” Dickinson Wright Client Alert, August 2021