As a commercial litigator and business counselor, Jeremy Kreger resolves a wide range of disputes for his clients: over shareholder agreements, restrictive covenants in employment contracts, business breakups, contractual and fiduciary obligations, trademark and copyright issues, labor relations, and the misappropriation of trade secrets, for example. He recognizes that his clients’ success, whether in state and federal courts or in alternative dispute resolution forums, depends upon his understanding of their objectives.
Jeremy prosecutes and defends a variety of claims for entities across the real estate industry, involving actions to quiet title, construction disputes, mechanic’s and broker’s liens, disputes with municipalities, title insurance claims, and commercial and industrial landlord-tenant issues. Jeremy leverages his business and real estate litigation experience to secure the interests of financial institutions in all manner of creditors’ rights actions.
Jeremy’s clients, which consist of entrepreneurs, small businesses, large corporations, real estate developers, financial institutions, insurance companies, and public entities, value his regular, open communication; his understanding of their goals, both business and financial; and his style and strategy in advocating for their interests in a way that mirrors their own. Equally important, they know that they can rely on him to counsel them to avoid disputes in advance and aggressively resolve them quickly and efficiently when they arise, leveraging their strengths to obtain the results his clients seek.
DePauw UniversityB.A., 2000
Loyola University ChicagoJ.D., 2003
- Assisted a multinational software company whose main competitor lured away top salesmen who, in the process, stole trade secrets and violated restrictive covenants in successfully blocking their former employees and their new employer from using their proprietary information.
- Represented shareholder of an international internet retailer in shareholder dispute, successfully defending against claims of oppression and breach of fiduciary duty brought by the other shareholder, ending in the client obtaining sole ownership of the company after trial.
- Defended and favorably resolved an action brought by a wholesale broker engaged in scorched-earth litigation against an international insurance company.
- Obtained a complete victory against a large oil company in favor of landowner after the company tried to force the sale of his client’s property at a fraction of its value based on a purchase option and a lease.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Commercial Litigation Committee
- Northern District of Illinois
- Central District of Illinois