Colin T. Ferguson provides counsel to business entities and individuals in corporate, real estate and financing transactions. His clients range from startups to higher education institutions and publicly-traded companies.
Colin regularly advises on:
- The acquisition, sale, and development of retail, industrial, office, multifamily residential and mixed-use real property;
- Commercial loan transactions involving collateral packages, especially those related to distressed and turnaround lending;
- All phases of the loan workout process, including transaction resolutions and judicial and non-judicial enforcement actions;
- Entity governance documents, such as bylaws, operating agreements, shareholder agreements, and buy-sell agreements;
- Business and corporate planning, including business formation, corporate governance, and dissolution issues for all entity types;
- Mergers and acquisitions and joint venture relationships, especially in the healthcare industry;
- Sales and purchases of stock, membership interests, and partnership interests; and
- Private offering issues, offering memorandums, required SEC filings, and compliance with blue sky laws.
Colin is a board member and secretary of FUTURO, Inc., a nonprofit organization that provides professional and leadership development services for Latino college students in Tennessee and Kentucky. He is also a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), the National Association of Industrial and Office Professionals (NAIOP), and the Urban Land Institute (ULI).
University of GeorgiaB.B.A., 2010
- cum laude
Vanderbilt Law SchoolJ.D., 2013
- Dean's Scholar
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Board Member and Secretary of FUTURO, Inc., a nonprofit corporation providing professional and leadership development services for Latino college students in Tennessee and Kentucky