Cynthia Moore (Member, Troy) and Eric Gregory (Member, Troy) each wrote a Benefits Guide for Bloomberg Law. The Bloomberg Law Benefits Guide is intended to be a resource for non-benefits practitioners that is easy to understand and explains complex topics in a straightforward way. Cynthia Moore’s guide is on Voluntary Employees’ Beneficiary Associations (“VEBAs”), and covers the qualification requirements, non-discrimination requirements, permissible benefits, tax treatment, and ERISA coverage of VEBAs. Eric Gregory’s guide is entitled “Nondiscrimination Rules for Health and Welfare Plans,” and covers the rules under the Internal Revenue Code that prohibit discrimination in medical benefits, cafeteria plans, group-term life insurance, dependent care assistance programs, educational assistance programs, and adoption assistance programs. These Benefits Guides and others are available to subscribers on Bloomberg Law.
- February 22, 2021 Industry Alerts New OSHA Guidance on Mitigating and Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace
- February 11, 2021 Media Mentions Wendy Hulton Presents at the Direct Sellers Association's Legal & Regulatory Virtual Seminar
- January 19, 2021 Industry Alerts Ohio Governor Signs “Alternate Employer Organization” Legislation
- January 19, 2021 Industry Alerts U.S. Department of Labor Issues New Independent Contractor Rules For March 8, 2021; Will It Take Effect?
- December 07, 2020 Industry Alerts Sara Jodka Discusses Future of NLRB Under President-Elect Biden with SHRM Online
- November 13, 2020 Blogs 2020 USCIS I-9 Guidance Round-Up
- October 23, 2020 Industry Alerts Governor Whitmer Signs COVID-19 Legislation Applicable to All Employers
- September 30, 2020 Industry Alerts 従業員の20％以上を解雇する場合の隠れたコスト - 退職年金プランの部分的終了 | The Hidden Cost of Terminating 20% or More of Your Employees – Partial Termination of the Retirement Plan
- September 2020 Blogs 米国移民局の予算危機と米国移民制度への潜在的影響 | The USCIS Budget Crisis and Its Potential Impact on the U.S. Immigration System