- Ruppel, Kimberly J.
- Media Mentions
Kimberly Ruppel (Member, Troy) was recently quoted in Part B News article, “Be careful with HIPAA under OCR’s ‘good faith’ telehealth provision; you may face future risk,” which also appeared in Decision Health online. The article discusses the use of telehealth and the huge role it is playing as one of the government’s defenses against the COVID-19 pandemic. The article transitions to advise on how providers can protect themselves from vulnerabilities while using online communication platforms. “One of the easiest ways to penetrate otherwise strong security measures is the use of phishing scams and malware. Make sure your staff knows how to identify a suspicious email. They should be on the lookout for misspellings, grammatical mistakes or an email address that doesn’t match the sender," said Kimberly.
Click here to read more.
- December 03, 2020 In the News Russell Kolsrud Quoted in Law360 on UnitedHealth ERISA Class Action Lawsuit
- November 30, 2020 Webinars Unmasking COVID’s Second Wave: ‘Deals’ in Masks, Gloves, Cleaning and other Solutions Present Contracting, Audit, Regulatory and Enforcement Risks
- November 17, 2020 In the News Chris Ryan Pens Article on Physician Noncompetition Agreements in Michigan for Healthcare Michigan
- August 25, 2020 Industry Alerts The OIG’s FAQs Related to COVID-19
- August 25, 2020 Industry Alerts Update to Summary of Amendments to ACA Rules: Federal Court Blocks Certain Changes
- July 29, 2020 Industry Alerts Michigan Governor Rescinds Some and Extends Other Scope of Practice Rules
- July 09, 2020 Industry Alerts Summary of Key Changes to Rules Implementing ACA Nondiscrimination Provisions
- July 01, 2020 Industry Alerts Michigan Expands Telehealth Coverage
- June 25, 2020 Industry Alerts New Case Law on When a Behavioral Health Professional May Testify as an Acquaintance Witness in a Commitment Proceeding