- Deromedi, David R.
- Industry Alerts
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
- 従業員に与える休暇の延長を検討する際には、情報を入手してリハビリがヘルスケア提供者から提供されているか確認してください。さらに、リハ ビリプログラムの期間や職場復帰予定日を確認し、リハビリ後に必要な仕事を行えるかどうか検討してください。
- What do your policies provide regarding rehabilitation and requesting rehabilitation?
- How much leave do you provide under your policies?
- Do you permit unpaid leave?
- Is there a positive test before the request?
- Was the request made at the same time as the test?
- If considering extending leave to the employee, obtain information to ascertain that is provided through a health care provider. Further, request information regarding duration and date for release to return to work and evaluate whether the employee will be able to perform the essential job functions after release.
- Do not automatically terminate employment for a positive test result after an injury accident.
*With both acknowledgment, and apologies, to the late Warren Zevon for the title of this post.
This client alert is published by Dickinson Wright PLLC to inform our clients and friends of important developments in the field of employee benefits law. The foregoing content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We encourage you to consult a Dickinson Wright attorney if you have specific questions relating to any of the topics covered.
- June 1, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2022 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 11, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by 10 WBNS on Ohio's New Overtime Law
- May 09, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Law360 on Tips for Helping Workers Navigate Mental Health Challenges
- February 2022 Blogs Practical Considerations in Employment Terminations
- January 14, 2022 Industry Alerts U.S. Supreme Court Splits the Baby as It Stays the Private Employer Vaccine or Test Mandate but Keeps the Healthcare Vaccine Mandate in Place
- December 20, 2021 Industry Alerts Private Employer Vaccine Mandate Moves Forward as Sixth Circuit Dissolves Fifth Circuit’s OSHA ETS Stay
- November 30, 2021 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- November 29, 2021 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Mentioned by Business Insurance on Employers and Vaccine Exemptions
- November 17, 2021 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by HR Dive on Texas Federal Judge Upholding United Airlines Vaccine Mandate