- Deromedi, David R.
- Industry Alerts
- 従業員に与える休暇の延長を検討する際には、情報を入手してリハビリがヘルスケア提供者から提供されているか確認してください。さらに、リハ ビリプログラムの期間や職場復帰予定日を確認し、リハビリ後に必要な仕事を行えるかどうか検討してください。
- What do your policies provide regarding rehabilitation and requesting rehabilitation?
- How much leave do you provide under your policies?
- Do you permit unpaid leave?
- Is there a positive test before the request?
- Was the request made at the same time as the test?
- If considering extending leave to the employee, obtain information to ascertain that is provided through a health care provider. Further, request information regarding duration and date for release to return to work and evaluate whether the employee will be able to perform the essential job functions after release.
- Do not automatically terminate employment for a positive test result after an injury accident.
*With both acknowledgment, and apologies, to the late Warren Zevon for the title of this post.
This client alert is published by Dickinson Wright PLLC to inform our clients and friends of important developments in the field of employee benefits law. The foregoing content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We encourage you to consult a Dickinson Wright attorney if you have specific questions relating to any of the topics covered.
- June 16, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2020 Edition
- May 20, 2020 Webinars What to Expect When You’re RE-Opening
- May 06, 2020 Industry Alerts COVID-19 Return-to-Work Checklist from a Canadian Employment Law Perspective
- April 29, 2020 Industry Alerts COVID-19 Return-to-Work Checklist from an Employment Law Perspective
- April 2020 Industry Alerts Employers: Are You Following Michigan’s New Mandatory Employee Safety Requirements?
- April 23, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2020 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 2020 Media Mentions Cynthia Moore and Eric Gregory Each Write Bloomberg Law Benefits Guide
- April 06, 2020 Industry Alerts Governor Whitmer Extends Job Protected Leave to Employees Related to COVID-19 Symptoms or Exposure
- April 1, 2020 Webinars FFCRA Playbook: Tackling the DOL's Guidance Webinar