- Gregory, Eric W.
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Eric Gregory (Associate, Troy) was recently quoted in an article for MLex US Tax Watch titled “IRS will narrowly apply decision on Boston Bruins’ meal expenses.” The article discusses how the IRS will allow other sports teams in the same circumstances as the Boston Bruins to also deduct hotel meal expenses in cities in which they have away games at a 50% rate because, by nature of these leagues, the hotels act as “business premises” for the duration of their stay.
"There are some out there who think you can now make the argument that a business premise is anywhere where you're conducting business," Eric said. "I don't think we could take the ruling in this case or the IRS' position on this case to mean that it's a free-for-all in terms of determining what business premises" are.
- September 20, 2023 Industry Alerts IRS Orders Immediate Stop to New Employee Retention Credit Claims and Announces Future Settlement Program
- July 24, 2023 Industry Alerts New Michigan Law Significantly Expands Economic Incentives Available for Housing Development and Increases Availability of Transformational Brownfield Projects
- June 21, 2023 Industry Alerts IRS Issues Alerts and Begins Audit Activity Related to the Employee Retention Tax Credit
- July 20, 2022 In the News Angelique Neal Joins Dickinson Wright Ann Arbor Office
- July 7, 2022 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to Columbus CEO Best Lawyers 2022
- May 4, 2022 In the News Ryan Chesnut Joins Dickinson Wright Columbus Office
- February 17, 2022 In the News Dawn Gabel Joins Dickinson Wright Phoenix Office as a Member
- February 11, 2022 Media Mentions Jennifer Leve Quoted in The Globe and Mail on Bill C-208 Regarding Small Business Transfers Within Families
- September 8, 2021 In the News Luke Federici Joins Dickinson Wright Reno Office