- Gregory, Eric W.
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Eric Gregory (Associate, Troy) was recently quoted in an article for MLex US Tax Watch titled “IRS will narrowly apply decision on Boston Bruins’ meal expenses.” The article discusses how the IRS will allow other sports teams in the same circumstances as the Boston Bruins to also deduct hotel meal expenses in cities in which they have away games at a 50% rate because, by nature of these leagues, the hotels act as “business premises” for the duration of their stay.
"There are some out there who think you can now make the argument that a business premise is anywhere where you're conducting business," Eric said. "I don't think we could take the ruling in this case or the IRS' position on this case to mean that it's a free-for-all in terms of determining what business premises" are.
- July 02, 2021 Changes in Law Allow for Reassessment of 2020 Property Valuations in Ohio
- April 26, 2021 Industry Alerts One Step Closer to Opening the Tax Credit Application Window: Ohio DSA Publishes Proposed Administrative Code Sections to Transformational Mixed Use Development (TMUD) Tax Credit
- April 23, 2021 Industry Alerts Release of the Federal Budget, 2021
- April 8, 2021 In the News Eight Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2021 Southwest Super Lawyers, Three Named Rising Stars
- March 23, 2021 Media Mentions John Gonway and Peter Kulick Speak at Business Succession Planning Webinar
- March 02, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright's Phoenix Office Ranked in Nine Categories in the 2021 Ranking Arizona Guide
- January 25, 2021 Industry Alerts An Exception to the Rule: New Provisions Regarding Where Personal Property Is To Be Assessed This Tax Season in Michigan
- October 21, 2020 Industry Alerts SBA Guidance on PPP Borrowers: Transfers of Equity and Assets
- July 9, 2020 Media Mentions Jennifer Leve Quoted in Tax Notes International Article on Canada's Tax Court