Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
When a new employee signs receipt for the employee handbook and starts their new job, they may not notice the clause requiring mandatory arbitration of future employment claims. Over half of the contracts that non-union private sector employees sign now include mandatory arbitration clauses, and these clauses may prevent employees from taking cases such as wage and hour violations, discrimination, and benefits issues to court.
Join Dickinson Wright's Jeff Beemer and Christy McDonald as they discuss the pro's and con's of mandatory arbitration of employment claims. This informative webinar will review mandatory arbitration agreements and also review elements such as arbitrator selection, discovery limits, fee sharing, and class-action waivers.
Key takeaways and discussion topics:
- Learn the pros and cons of arbitration in employment claims
- Decide whether you can or should require that employees arbitrate their employment claims
- Discuss class action waivers
- Discuss best practices for arbitrator selection and process
This program has been awarded 1 hour of General HR recertification credit.
- June 1, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2023 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- January 26, 2023 Industry Alerts Tick Tock – Michigan Employers Are on the Earned Sick Time Clock
- January 20, 2023 Industry Alerts Federal Trade Commission Proposes Rule to Ban Non-Compete Clauses | 連邦取引委員会による競業避止条項の禁止に関する規則の提案
- January 19, 2023 Industry Alerts Federal Trade Commission Proposes Rule to Ban Non-Compete Clauses | 联邦贸易委员会提议禁止竞业禁止条款
- January 12, 2023 Industry Alerts Federal Trade Commission Proposes Rule to Ban Non-Compete Clauses
- November 29, 2022 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- November 02, 2022 Industry Alerts EEOC Releases Updated “Know Your Rights” Poster | 美国公平就业机会委员会发布最新《了解你的权利》海报
- September 27, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment 2022 Edition
- September 19, 2022 Blogs ミシガン最高裁判所による判決－性的指向を理由とする差 別は、エリオット・ラーセン市民権法で禁止されるとの判 断を下す | The Michigan Supreme Court Holds That Discrimination On The Basis Of Sexual Orientation Is Prohibited