Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
When a new employee signs receipt for the employee handbook and starts their new job, they may not notice the clause requiring mandatory arbitration of future employment claims. Over half of the contracts that non-union private sector employees sign now include mandatory arbitration clauses, and these clauses may prevent employees from taking cases such as wage and hour violations, discrimination, and benefits issues to court.
Join Dickinson Wright's Jeff Beemer and Christy McDonald as they discuss the pro's and con's of mandatory arbitration of employment claims. This informative webinar will review mandatory arbitration agreements and also review elements such as arbitrator selection, discovery limits, fee sharing, and class-action waivers.
Key takeaways and discussion topics:
- Learn the pros and cons of arbitration in employment claims
- Decide whether you can or should require that employees arbitrate their employment claims
- Discuss class action waivers
- Discuss best practices for arbitrator selection and process
This program has been awarded 1 hour of General HR recertification credit.
- July 28, 2021 In the News Aaron Burrell Named a “40 Under 40” Honoree by the National Bar Association
- June 24, 2021 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by SHRM on Exclusion of Colorado Applicants for Remote Work by Some Employers
- May 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2021 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 20, 2021 Seminars Suzanne Sukkar and Christy McDonald to Speak at the ICLE Labor & Employment Law Institute
- May 04, 2021 Media Mentions Aaron Burrell Featured in HR Dive on Diversity and Inclusion Efforts Following George Floyd Killing
- May 03, 2021 Media Mentions Jeff Beemer Discusses Returning to Work While COVID-19 is Present with Creators.com
- April 14, 2021 Webinars A Shot in the Arm: Current COVID-19 Workplace Issues Webinar
- March 22, 2021 Media Mentions James Perry Authors Article on Mediation in Grievance Procedures for Lawnotes
- March 10, 2021 In the News Timothy Howlett Selected as a Member of the Michigan Lawyers Weekly Class of 2021 Hall of Fame