Tom Hammerschmidt, Eric Gregory, and Peter Kulick all presented an Overview of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (Tax Reform Legislation) Webinar.
This webinar was recorded by several of the Firm’s tax lawyers to provide an overview of the 2017 year-end tax bill that represents the first comprehensive overhaul of the federal income tax laws in decades. According to the media and other public commentary, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has been called variously tax “simplification,” tax cut legislation (although tax increases for some), the biggest corporate tax cut ever, a troubling increase to the U.S. deficit in coming years, a stimulus to the economy, and/or legislators’ “gift” to tax lawyers.
In addition to providing an overview of the tax law changes affecting individuals, businesses, or both (by virtue of the changes affecting employee benefit plans and executive compensation), the presenters hope to provide Firm attorneys with practical advice regarding their own year-end tax planning considerations, as well as an overview of issues affecting Firm clients and helpful guidance in referring those clients to our tax specialists.
Please click here to view the webinar today.
- October 2018 Industry Alerts Treasury Releases Proposed Regulations on Opportunity Zones
- October 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Ted Citrome Quoted in Lexpert Article on "Canadian Firms at Risk for US Taxes"
- October 9, 2018 Webinars Property Tax Assessments -- How to Maintain Positive Cash Flow After Period of Economic Growth Webinar on October 9, 2018
- August 6-7, 2018 Seminars NBI Seminar: LLCs From Start to Finish August 6-7, 2018
- July 11, 2018 In the News Derek Kaczmarek Elected Chair of State Bar of Arizona's Section of Taxation
- June 26, 2018 In the News Giselle C. Alexander Named Certified Attorney Specializing in Tax Law
- May 17, 2018 In the News Attorney Giselle Alexander Named ABA Tax Section Nolan Fellow for 2018-2019
- April 12, 2018 Industry Alerts Treasury and IRS announce designation of Opportunity Zones for 18 States
- February 2018 Industry Alerts Michigan Property Tax and Civil Tax Collection Suits