Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Tom Hammerschmidt, Eric Gregory, and Peter Kulick all presented an Overview of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (Tax Reform Legislation) Webinar.
This webinar was recorded by several of the Firm’s tax lawyers to provide an overview of the 2017 year-end tax bill that represents the first comprehensive overhaul of the federal income tax laws in decades. According to the media and other public commentary, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has been called variously tax “simplification,” tax cut legislation (although tax increases for some), the biggest corporate tax cut ever, a troubling increase to the U.S. deficit in coming years, a stimulus to the economy, and/or legislators’ “gift” to tax lawyers.
In addition to providing an overview of the tax law changes affecting individuals, businesses, or both (by virtue of the changes affecting employee benefit plans and executive compensation), the presenters hope to provide Firm attorneys with practical advice regarding their own year-end tax planning considerations, as well as an overview of issues affecting Firm clients and helpful guidance in referring those clients to our tax specialists.
Please click here to view the webinar today.
- September 20, 2023 Industry Alerts IRS Orders Immediate Stop to New Employee Retention Credit Claims and Announces Future Settlement Program
- July 24, 2023 Industry Alerts New Michigan Law Significantly Expands Economic Incentives Available for Housing Development and Increases Availability of Transformational Brownfield Projects
- June 21, 2023 Industry Alerts IRS Issues Alerts and Begins Audit Activity Related to the Employee Retention Tax Credit
- July 20, 2022 In the News Angelique Neal Joins Dickinson Wright Ann Arbor Office
- July 7, 2022 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to Columbus CEO Best Lawyers 2022
- May 4, 2022 In the News Ryan Chesnut Joins Dickinson Wright Columbus Office
- February 17, 2022 In the News Dawn Gabel Joins Dickinson Wright Phoenix Office as a Member
- February 11, 2022 Media Mentions Jennifer Leve Quoted in The Globe and Mail on Bill C-208 Regarding Small Business Transfers Within Families
- September 8, 2021 In the News Luke Federici Joins Dickinson Wright Reno Office