Tom Hammerschmidt, Eric Gregory, and Peter Kulick all presented an Overview of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (Tax Reform Legislation) Webinar.
This webinar was recorded by several of the Firm’s tax lawyers to provide an overview of the 2017 year-end tax bill that represents the first comprehensive overhaul of the federal income tax laws in decades. According to the media and other public commentary, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has been called variously tax “simplification,” tax cut legislation (although tax increases for some), the biggest corporate tax cut ever, a troubling increase to the U.S. deficit in coming years, a stimulus to the economy, and/or legislators’ “gift” to tax lawyers.
In addition to providing an overview of the tax law changes affecting individuals, businesses, or both (by virtue of the changes affecting employee benefit plans and executive compensation), the presenters hope to provide Firm attorneys with practical advice regarding their own year-end tax planning considerations, as well as an overview of issues affecting Firm clients and helpful guidance in referring those clients to our tax specialists.
Please click here to view the webinar today.
- October 21, 2020 Industry Alerts SBA Guidance on PPP Borrowers: Transfers of Equity and Assets
- July 9, 2020 Media Mentions Jennifer Leve Quoted in Tax Notes International Article on Canada's Tax Court
- May 26, 2020 Industry Alerts Governor Whitmer Extends Dates for Some 2020 Property Tax Assessment Appeals
- May 15, 2020 Industry Alerts Michigan Property Tax Appeals
- April 29, 2020 Industry Alerts IRS Provides Relief for Nonresident Aliens and Foreign Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 Travel Disruptions
- April 22, 2020 Industry Alerts Is Now the Right Time for an Estate Freeze?
- April 13, 2020 Industry Alerts IRS Announces Extension of Certain Tax Filing and Payment Obligations
- April 09, 2020 Industry Alerts UPDATED: News Update – Canadian Tax Measures
- March 2020 Industry Alerts IRS Designates April 1, 2020 as the Beginning Date for Credits for Paid Sick Leave and Paid Family Leave