Join Dickinson Wright Attorney's James Perry and Christy McDonald as they co-present at the Michigan Association of CPA’s CPE Mega Conference on Wednesday, May 23, 2018. The conference will take place at Macomb Community College, Building K - John Lewis Center.
The MICPA Employment Law Conference will cover employment law for small family businesses. Employment law is complicated and navigating all of the rules and regulations can be daunting but critical for businesses to effectively manage. This session will touch on employment law for small family businesses such as short/long-term disability and FMLA/FLSA. These are crucial issues because they can suffer greatly from an employee absence – no matter what the cause. However, in today’s competitive landscape it’s difficult to attract and retain employees without these types of benefits in place.
To learn more or to register, please click here.
- November 13, 2020 Blogs 2020 USCIS I-9 Guidance Round-Up
- October 23, 2020 Industry Alerts Governor Whitmer Signs COVID-19 Legislation Applicable to All Employers
- September 30, 2020 Industry Alerts 従業員の20％以上を解雇する場合の隠れたコスト - 退職年金プランの部分的終了 | The Hidden Cost of Terminating 20% or More of Your Employees – Partial Termination of the Retirement Plan
- September 2020 Blogs 米国移民局の予算危機と米国移民制度への潜在的影響 | The USCIS Budget Crisis and Its Potential Impact on the U.S. Immigration System
- August 2020 Blogs ラストチャンス契約―有用なツールです。| Last Chance Agreements – A Useful Tool
- July 13, 2020 Blogs COVID-19 感染が OSHA の指針に基づく「業務に関連した」「記録される対象の」ものであるかどうかの判断 | Determining When a COVID-19 Illness Is “Work-Related” And “Recordable” Under OSHA Guidance
- June 16, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2020 Edition
- June 2020 Industry Alerts 最悪の事態に備えて：企業の再開に向けた雇用法の課題 | Preparing for the Worst: Issues in Employment Law for Re-Opening Businesses
- May 20, 2020 Webinars What to Expect When You’re RE-Opening