Join Dickinson Wright Attorney's James Perry and Christy McDonald as they co-present at the Michigan Association of CPA’s CPE Mega Conference on Wednesday, May 23, 2018. The conference will take place at Macomb Community College, Building K - John Lewis Center.
The MICPA Employment Law Conference will cover employment law for small family businesses. Employment law is complicated and navigating all of the rules and regulations can be daunting but critical for businesses to effectively manage. This session will touch on employment law for small family businesses such as short/long-term disability and FMLA/FLSA. These are crucial issues because they can suffer greatly from an employee absence – no matter what the cause. However, in today’s competitive landscape it’s difficult to attract and retain employees without these types of benefits in place.
To learn more or to register, please click here.
- October 2019 Industry Alerts Michigan Court of Appeals Holds that Violating Code of Ethics a Legitimate, Non-Discriminatory Reason for Termination
- October 2019 Industry Alerts The Sixth Circuit Reaffirms the “Less Burdensome” Standard for Adverse Actions in Retaliation Claims and Upholds Punitive Damages Against Employer
- September 2019 Industry Alerts DOL Issues Final Overtime Rule Increasing the White-Collar Employee Salary Threshold. Employers Have Until January 1, 2020 to Change Payroll Practices
- September Industry Alerts Pay Transparency and Pay Equity in Ontario
- July 22, 2019 Webinars Strategies for Arbitration Agreements: Yay, Nay or How?
- June 27, 2019 Media Mentions Wendy Hulton Speaks to Canadian Lawyer on Sexual Harassment Training
- April 25, 2019 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Tops Rankings in 2019 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- March 2019 Industry Alerts Employment Law Issues Continue to Evolve with Hairstyle, Sex Gossip, and Emotional Outburst Disability Protections
- January 2019 Industry Alerts NLRB Focuses on “Entrepreneurial Opportunity” to Return to Pre-Obama Board Independent Contractor Test