Join Dickinson Wright Attorney's James Perry and Christy McDonald as they co-present at the Michigan Association of CPA’s CPE Mega Conference on Wednesday, May 23, 2018. The conference will take place at Macomb Community College, Building K - John Lewis Center.
The MICPA Employment Law Conference will cover employment law for small family businesses. Employment law is complicated and navigating all of the rules and regulations can be daunting but critical for businesses to effectively manage. This session will touch on employment law for small family businesses such as short/long-term disability and FMLA/FLSA. These are crucial issues because they can suffer greatly from an employee absence – no matter what the cause. However, in today’s competitive landscape it’s difficult to attract and retain employees without these types of benefits in place.
To learn more or to register, please click here.
- October 10, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright's Employment Practice Recognized on the Phoenix Business Journal Law Practices List
- August 03, 2018 Seminars Sunrise Seminar - #YouToo Can Do More to Address and Prevent Sexual Harassment in the Workplace on August 3, 2018
- June 22, 2018 Industry Alerts Michigan Repeals Prevailing Wage Act
- June 13, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Tracy Bergeron Lucha Quoted in the Law Times Article “Workplace Restorations Can Help After Investigations”
- May 2018 Industry Alerts The Times They Are A-Changin’: More States and Cities Move Ahead of the Courts by Prohibiting the Use of Prior Salary Information in Hiring
- April 19, 2018 - April 20, 2018 Conferences 43rd Annual Labor & Employment Law Institute on April 19 - 20, 2018
- April 6, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer David Houston Co-Authored The Michigan Lawyers Weekly Article “Do Labor Arbitrators’ Scorecards Threaten the System?”
- March 27, 2018 Webinars Can You Accommodate My Tattooed Ferret? Approaching Disability and Religious Accommodations in the Millennial Age Webinar on March 27, 2018
- March 16, 2018 Seminars Sunrise Seminar - #You Too Can Do More to Address and Prevent Sexual Harassment in the Workplace on March 16, 2018