- Newlon, Sharon R.
- Speaking Engagements
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Join Dickinson Wright Attorneys Anna Maiuri, Sharon Newlon, and Madeline Fleisher as they speak at the virtual 30th Annual Business & Industry's Environmental & Sustainability Symposium, presented by Manufacturer's Education Council, on March 23-24, 2021.
Attendees will learn how to navigate the complex regulatory challenges and manage differently in the rapidly-changing business world. In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to actively network with their peers, receive continuing education credits and benefit from some of the profession's best and most talented minds. Among the topics covered:
- Environmental priorities of the Biden/Harris Administration - climate change, environmental justice and new policies at the U.S. EPA;
- Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky environmental priorities;
- Air, clean water, waste management permitting & compliance developments;
- PFAS and other new & emerging issues;
- Corporate sustainability best practices including reducing carbon emissions, boosting water conservation, zero waste to landfill and success in employee engagement;
- Lessons learned from virtual audits; and
- Digital ESG solutions to simplify your daily operations.
During the event, Dickinson Wright attorneys will speak on the following panels:
- Anna Maiuri - "Environmental Priorities for the New Biden/Harris Administration including Climate Change, Enforcement & Environmental Justice Initiatives; New U.S. EPA Policies & Players, and Impact on Business & Industry in America’s Heartland"
- Sharon Newlon - "Turning Audit Findings into Silver Linings… Implementing a Successful EHS Internal Auditing Program" panel
- Madeline Fleisher - "PFAS – New & Emerging Issues … An Evolving Compliance Landscape: Addressing Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances in a New Decade and Under a New Biden/Harris Administration"
To learn more about the 30th Annual Business & Industry's Environmental & Sustainability Symposium or to register, please click here.
- Conferences 27th Annual Sustainability & EHS Symposium on March 27-28, 2018
- Industry Alerts High Risks Remain If Operating Cannabis Business Outside Strict State Law
- Industry Alerts Ohio Adopts Federal Bona Fide Prospective Purchaser Defense – With More Progress on Brownfield Redevelopment to Come?
- June 08, 2022 Industry Alerts Ohio Ethics Commission Issues Advisory Opinion Allowing Voluntary Contributions from Solar Developer to Local Government
- March 11, 2022 In the News Kevin Desharnais Quoted in Bloomberg Law on Impact of Climate Events on Western U.S. Water Supply
- November 08, 2021 Industry Alerts 2021 Revision of the ASTM Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Standard Approved
- September 10, 2021 In the News Environmental Lawyer AnnMarie Sanford Joins Dickinson Wright Troy Office
- July 06, 2021 Industry Alerts Illinois EPA Proposes Groundwater Standards for 5 PFAS Compounds
- July 02, 2021 Industry Alerts Major New Brownfield and Site Remediation Funding in Ohio