are at the forefront of the new global economy, which has lent itself to a wide range of international investigations, including matters involving foreign bribery and corruption under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), anti-bribery laws of Canada and other jurisdictions, and U.S. investigations and prosecutions of corporations and individuals internationally in the financial services
industry, including all issues attendant to extradition to the United States. Our experienced team
is adept at working closely with lawyers in different countries throughout the world, assembling the strongest international team to advance the clients’ interests in all jurisdictions where there is potential exposure or liability. We have:
• Represented a prominent individual alleged to have participated in high profile global petroleum industry foreign bribery scheme investigated by U.S., U.K. and other foreign criminal law enforcement authorities.
• Represented an individual alleged to have participated in the international hacking of U.S. financial institutions and stock manipulation.
• Represented offshore securities brokerage firm and its principals in connection with securities fraud, money laundering and tax fraud criminal prosecution, including working with foreign country counsel on extradition challenges.
• Argued before the World Bank Sanctions Board on behalf of two non-U.S. based (Russian) international high-tech companies accused of conflict of interest and corruption and achieved desired objective of the companies, including an unprecedented letter of reprimand instead of debarment.
• Advised the Indonesian Securities Commission (BAPEPAM) at the request of the World Bank on Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism compliance and regulations, and delivered comprehensive written analysis and recommendations.
• Represented Middle Eastern public figure in a U.S. DOJ investigation of corruption, enabled client to avoid appearing at trial in the Middle East and secured no charges in the United States.
• Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of Government of Somalia and refuted damaging report by United Nations Monitoring Group.
• Investigated a $1 billion international internet gambling conspiracy, alleging money laundering, bank fraud, and unlicensed money transmitting activities.