Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Disputes arise as part of doing business, and the media industry is no exception. For more than a quarter century, Dickinson Wright has served as trusted litigation counsel on a wide variety of issues. This includes disputes involving contracts, licensing, and intellectual property infringement. We also deeply understand the day-to-day business realities our clients face. Whether it’s seeking a favorable settlement through mediation and arbitration, or taking a case to trial, we find the best possible solutions for our clients that meet their overall business goals.
Our clients benefit from Dickinson Wright’s knowledge of legal principles in the areas of contract, copyright and trademark, publicity and privacy, defamation, negligence, and a variety of other general statutory and common law property rights. When handling litigation and disputes for our music, sports, and entertainment industry clients, we combine our experience in these areas to meet the unique needs of each client.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Relationships are critical to a successful career in the media industry, and tense, divisive litigation often leads to irreparable ruptures. Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) techniques, such as mediation and arbitration, can resolve disputes while also preserving the business relationship. In mediation, each side has an equal opportunity to make their position and the reasons behind it, clear, to reach a solution both parties can accept. Arbitration is another option for those wanting a more formal process with a binding decision that provides more certainty without having to go to trial. No matter the approach taken, Dickinson Wright lawyers guide our media clients through every stage toward an outcome that best meets their unique needs.
• Representing media personalities, reporters, and agents in a wide range of disputes involving contracts, licensing and intellectual property.
• Offering a full range of litigation services, from analyzing a potential claim to seeing a case through to trial.
• Exploring alternative dispute resolution, such as arbitration or mediation.
• Defending and prosecuting copyright infringement litigation.
• Advising media personalities, reporters, and others on alternatives to litigation.
• Representing clients during mediation, arbitration, and other ADR processes.
• Serving as trusted mediators, arbitrators, and facilitators to resolve complex disputes.