Venroy July, a member of Dickinson Wright’s Corporate practice group, handles a wide range of corporate and finance matters for his clients, assisting clients at all stages of the life cycle from formation to fundraising to acquisition and/or exit. He represents companies, both public and private, operating in the transportation, Information Technology, Healthcare, Oil & Gas, government contracting, cybersecurity, banking and technology industries on an array of matters including equity and asset sales and purchases, leveraged buy-outs, restructurings, joint ventures, debt offerings, and licensing transactions. He also regularly helps clients with other business needs, including various forms of loan transactions, compliance with U.S. securities laws and general commercial matters.
Education & Credentials
Duke University School of LawJ.D., 2007
University of North Carolina at Chapel HillB.A., 2004
- District of Columbia
- Savoy Magazine
- Diversity Journal
- Black Leader Worth Watching, 2021
- Young Alumni Award, Duke Law’s 2021 Alumni Award Winners
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Corporate Law (2021-2023)
- Baltimore Business Journal
- “Who’s Who In the Law”(2020)
- "40 Under 40" (2014)
- National Bar Association
- 40 Under 40 Award (2018)
- The Daily Record Leadership in Law
- Generation J.D. Award (2018)
- Maryland Super Lawyers®
- Rising Stars: Business/Corporate (2017-2018)
- Black Business Review
- 40 Under40 (2017)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellowship Program (2017)
- Morehead-Cain Scholar
- Represented IT consulting firm in its sale to private equity buyer in leveraged buy-out transaction.
- Represented hybrid private equity/venture capital fund in growth equity investment in a provider of hospital grade, on-site, and on-demand ultrasound and echocardiogram services.
- Represented government contracting company in $81 million strategic stock purchase of IT company from Employee Stock Ownership Trust.
- Represented corporation in the $360 million acquisition of all of the outstanding equity interests of truck and trailer manufacturing company.
- Represented corporation predominantly operating in the government contracting space in the strategic acquisition for $169 million of all of the outstanding equity interests of cyber security company.
- Represented company in $13 million sale of all assets related to sale and manufacturing of product line related to oil and gas extraction business.
- Board of Directors of Lifebridge Health
- Board of Directors of Grace Medical Center
- Board of Directors of Green Street Academy
- Served on Transition Team of Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott
- Author, “New Crowdfunding Regs Offer Underrepresented Communities Better Access to the Markets” the Baltimore Business Journal (July 2021)
- Panelist, “Leaders in Diversity 2021,” Baltimore Business Journal (June 2021)
- Panelist, “Women of Color & Capital Virtual Summit,” Avant-Garde Network (May 2021)
- Presenter, “Impact Investing,” Diversity in Commercial Real Estate Virtual Summit (April 2021)
- Author, “Opportunity Zone Investment Options Should Be Expanded,” Law360 (December 2020)
- Co-Author, “Baltimore Sun Commentary: What Young Professionals Want from Baltimore’s Next Mayor,” The Baltimore Sun (September 2020)
- Author, “Making Opportunity Zones Work for Black Communities,” Black Enterprise (June 2019)
- Co-Author, “Viewpoint: Opportunity Zones May Spur Angel, VC Funding for Minority Entrepreneurs,” Baltimore Business Journal (December 2018)