Sungwook (Sung) Lee has experience in various aspects of patent practice including patent application preparation, patent prosecution, and patent litigation. His practice focuses on mechanical and electro-mechanical structures such as automotive components, power systems, semiconductors, medical devices, and office products.
Mr. Lee previously served as a U.S. patent attorney in Germany, which entailed working with the European patent system in addition to the United States patent system. With knowledge of and experience with different patent systems, he can assist his clients in applying their patent in both the United States and internationally.
Before becoming a lawyer, Mr. Lee was an automotive engineer, working in the automotive industry in Michigan for over 10 years. He has technical experience in mechanical structures, power systems, and material technology. In particular, he has technical experience in the field of automotive structures including automotive interior and exterior structures, engine and transmission systems, as well as software related to automobile collision simulations.
KAISTB.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1998
- KAIST Full-Ride Scholarship for 4 years
University of MichiganM.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2001
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D., 2012
- Radar, Fishman & Grauer PLLC Endowed Scholarship
- New York
- Best Lawyers in America®
- "Ones to Watch," Litigation - Patent, 2021-2022
- Patent application preparation and prosecution
- Patentability searches and opinions
- Patent validity opinions
- Patent infringement opinions
- Freedom to operate opinions
- Patent litigation support, such as developing invalidity and non-infringement positions
- Intellectual property portfolio management
- Korean Intellectual Property Professionals in Europe (KIPEU)
- The Association of Korean-American Professionals in the Automotive Industry (KPAI)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- "Understanding Tesla Patent Pledge and Toyota Free License in Automotive Industry," Presenter, Annual Conference of Korean Intellectual Property Professionals in Europe (Germany), July 19, 2019