Alma CollegeB.A., 2008
- Honors in Business Administration and History
Michigan State University College of LawJ.D., 2011
- summa cum laude
- Dean King Scholar
- Michigan State Law Review, Senior Articles Editor
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- "Rising Star," Litigation, 2015-2021
• Managed large-scale E-Discovery projects for Fortune 500 companies.
• Managed E-Discovery for a multi-jurisdictional litigation matter spanning three legal jurisdictions.
• Defended prominent specialty retailer of crafts and fabrics in litigation arising out of the Michigan Shopping Reform and Modernization Act.
• Defended Fortune 500 companies in litigation arising out of the Michigan Shopping Reform and Modernization Act.
• Co-lead counsel for Fortune 500 company in a bench trial that resulted in the dismissal of plaintiff’s claims.
• Lead counsel for major advertising publisher in actions involving contract disputes and business tort claims.
• Represented large U.S. apparel company in complex, multi-jurisdictional business dispute with supplier.
• Member of litigation team for Federal-Mogul Corporation in patent infringement action before the International Trade Commission.
• Member of litigation team for Enbridge Energy, Limited Partnership in Federal lawsuit alleging claims arising out of oil pipeline leak in Marshall, Michigan.
• Relativity Thought Leaders
• Defense Research Institute (DRI)
• Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
• Panelist: Relativity Fest, “Are You Violating Attorney-Client Privilege?”
• Panelist: Relativity Fest, “Is Proportionality Really Happening?” (October 2018).
• Contributor: Michigan Torts: Law and Practice, Product Liability (2016-2019).
• E-Discovery Blue Ribbon Study Panel with Michigan Supreme Court Justice Bridget McCormack, Led Break-Out Team to Draft E-Discovery Resources (2016-2017).
• Presenter: Defense Research Institute, IP-Litigation Seminar, “Developing a Niche as a Young Lawyer in the e-Discovery Practice” (May 2017).
• Presenter: Michigan Business Courts (20 Judges from across the state selected by Michigan Supreme Court), presentation on electronically stored information (May 2017).
• Oakland College, Paralegal Course, Visiting Instructor, Electronically Stored Information (March 2017).
• Co-Author, “Predictive Coding: Where Are We Now?” Michigan Defense Quarterly (vol. 33, no. 1, 2016).
• Co-Author, “Attorney-Client Privilege Protections and Employer-Provided Technology,” Michigan Defense Quarterly, Volume 31, No. 3 (January 2015).
• Co-Author, “Adverse Inference: The ‘Culpable’ Element,” Michigan Defense Quarterly (vol. 31, no. 2, October 2014).
• Co-Author, "Retailer Beware: A Retailer’s Guide to The Michigan Shopping Reform and Modernization Act," Michigan Defense Quarterly, Volume 30, No. 3 (February 2014).
• Note, “Keep Your Contract to Yourself: Attempting to Balance the Expectations of Signatories in Arbitration Agreements with the Freedom from Contract Rights of Non-Signatories,” 2010 MICH. ST. L. REV. (2010).
• Co-Author, “Protecting Consumers: The Contractual and Real Estate Issues Involving Timeshares, Quartershares, and Fractional Ownership” 37 Real Estate Law Journal 278 (2009).