Alma CollegeB.A., 2008
- Honors in Business Administration and History
Michigan State University College of LawJ.D., 2011
- summa cum laude
- Dean King Scholar
- Michigan State Law Review, Senior Articles Editor
- Michigan Super Lawyers - "Rising Star"
Co-lead counsel for Fortune 500 company in a bench trial that resulted in the dismissal of plaintiff’s claims.
Obtained judgments and negotiated settlements on behalf of corporate clients in collection matters.
Lead counsel for major advertising publisher in actions involving contract disputes and business tort claims.
Experienced in negotiating, drafting and reviewing a variety of contracts.
Regularly practice before trial and appellate state and federal courts, including various Michigan district and county circuit courts, and the Eastern District of Michigan.
Experienced in all phases of commercial litigation in state and federal courts, including pretrial discovery, motion practice, alternative dispute resolution, and trial practice.
Proficient with Federal and State E-discovery rules and requirements and general E-discovery management.
Member of litigation team for Federal-Mogul Corporation in patent infringement action before the International Trade Commission.
Member of litigation team for Enbridge Energy, Limited Partnership in Federal lawsuit alleging claims arising out of oil pipeline leak in Marshall, Michigan.
- Defense Research Institute
- Federal Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Co-Author, “Adverse Inference: The ‘Culpable’ Element,” Michigan Defense Quarterly (vol. 31, no. 2, October 2014)
- Co-Author, “Attorney-Client Privilege Protections and Employer-Provided Technology,” Michigan Defense Quarterly, Volume 31, No. 3 (January 2015)
- Co-Author, “Predictive Coding: Where Are We Now?” Michigan Defense Quarterly (vol. 33, no. 1, 2016)
- Co-Author, "Retailer Beware: A Retailer’s Guide to The Michigan Shopping Reform and Modernization Act," Michigan Defense Quarterly, Volume 30, No. 3 (February 2014)
- Co-Author, “Protecting Consumers: The Contractual and Real Estate Issues Involving Timeshares, Quartershares, and Fractional Ownership” 37 Real Estate Law Journal 278 (2009).
- Note, “Keep Your Contract to Yourself: Attempting to Balance the Expectations of Signatories in Arbitration Agreements with the Freedom from Contract Rights of Non-Signatories,” 2010 MICH. ST. L. REV. (2010).