Sahar is a commercial litigator with a focus on shareholder disputes, oppression cases, injunctions, breaches of contract, as well as disputes over land and personal property. Sahar also has experience in estates litigation and in representing lawyers and law firms in solicitor-client assessments.
Education & Credentials
University of SaskatchewanJ.D., 2009
York UniversityB.A., 2008
On an urgent basis, prepared material for a complex and time-sensitive injunction to obtain an Anton Piller Order (an order to search and seize evidence). The Anton Piller Order allowed the client to obtain and seize crucial evidence for use in its civil proceedings against the breaching parties.
Strongly defended a shareholder of a manufacturing company involved in a shareholder dispute leading to the withdrawal of the proceedings.
Succeeded in obtaining an injunction in a corporate governance dispute involving a religious organization.
Obtained an order for the production of various banking records, online banking passwords, and other financial information for an aggrieved shareholder.
Commenced proceedings for the recovery of funds against a bank and negotiated a substantial settlement for the client despite expiry of the transaction reversal period in the banking agreement.
Prepared materials for a successful defence of an appeal in a shareholder dispute/oppression remedy case allowing the oppressed shareholder to collect on its multimillion dollar damages award.
Successfully obtained an injunction to shut down the operation of a place of worship on a client’s neighbour’s property.
Commenced proceedings challenging a will of a testator on the basis of lack of capacity and negotiated a substantial settlement for the client.
Obtained an order against an estate trustee for a formal passing of accounts and for costs against the trustee personally.
Commenced proceedings to remove a Notice of Interest registered on title to a large farm property allowing a subsequent sale to developer to take place.Represented lawyers and law firms in assessments of their accounts.
- Ontario Bar Association
- OBA Civil Litigation Section Executive
- Advocates Society
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Law Society of Manitoba
- University of Toronto Upper Year Moot supervisor and judge (2015, 2017 and 2018)
- OBA Law Day Judge (2015)
- Law Practice Program Mentor (2017)
- Author, “A Reminder to Purchasers of the True Cost of Not Closing – It’s not ‘Just the Deposit,’” Dickinson Wright All Things Canada blog, May 2021
- Co-Author, “Virtual Witnessing of Wills and POAs During COVID-19,” Dickinson Wright Client Alert, April 2020
- Co-Chair of Ontario Bar Association Program titled TechXp (2017)
- Chair of Ontario Bar Association Program titled “Assessments: Understanding the Process and Procedure” (2017)
- Co-Chair of Ontario Bar Association Program titled “Effective Litigation Strategies on Motions and at Trial” (2017)
- Contributor to the second edition of Enforcing Judgments and Orders (2nd ed.) LexisNexus 2016
- Speaker and Author of “Motions for Security for Costs” for Ontario Bar Association Program titled “Litigation Costs” (2015)