Residing in Dickinson Wright’s Michigan offices, Robert focuses his practice on business and commercial litigation, representing clients in a variety of matters in state and federal court. Robert also has substantial experience navigating trade and customs issues arising in international transactions.A graduate of Wayne State University Law School, Robert served as Managing Editor of The Wayne Law Review and competed in the Law School’s moot court program. Prior to joining Dickinson Wright, Robert clerked for Justice Brian K. Zahra of the Michigan Supreme Court and Judge Lawrence P. Zatkoff of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Robert previously served as an import agent in the trade/customs house of DHL Global Forwarding, a division of Deutsche Post DHL Group, which is the largest international courier service in the world. Representing British and German car manufacturers, Robert worked directly with government agencies, including U.S. Customs and Border Protection, to ensure the uninhibited passage of his clients’ air and ocean freight into the United States. Drawing on his experience in the customs house, Robert is familiar with the process and procedures for importing goods into the United States. Robert earned a Bachelor of Science from Central Michigan University, where he graduated with honors.
Central Michigan UniversityB.S., 2006
- cum laude
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D., 2011
- The Wayne Law Review, Managing Editor
- Moot Court
- Appointed by the Michigan Supreme Court to the Committee on Model Civil Jury Instructions
- Admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Washtenaw County Bar Association, Co-Chair of the Trial Practice Section, 2015-2017
- The Federalist Society - Michigan Lawyers Chapter, Vice President
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Lawrence P. Zatkoff, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2014-2015
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Brian K. Zahra, Michigan Supreme Court, 2013-2014
- Judicial Intern to the Hon. Robert P. Young, Jr., Michigan Supreme Court, 2010