Michigan State UniversityB.A., 1969
- With High Honors
University of VirginiaJ.D., 1972
- Best Lawyers in America®
- "Lawyer of the Year," Administrative/Regulatory Law, 2016, 2021
- "Lawyer of the Year," Government Relations Practice, 2017
- "Bet the Company," Litigation Lawyer of the Year, 2009
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- Administrative Law, 2006-2021
- MGM Grand Detroit, LLC and MGM Resorts International
- Michigan Municipal Electric Association
- Michigan Funeral Directors Association
- Michigan Public Power Agency
- Insurance Institute of Michigan
- Michigan Republican Party
- Michigan State University
- William Beaumont Hospital
Counsel for Republican Party in legislative and congressional reapportionment litigation (1991-92, 2001-02, 2011).
Counsel to property and casualty insurance companies in litigation over credit scoring.
Counsel to Michigan Chamber of Commerce in litigation to block “Reform Government Now” constitutional amendments.
Counsel to Snyder for Governor campaign.
Counsel to Snyder transition team.
Counsel to Engler for Governor campaign (1990, 1994, 1998).
Drafted and defended validity of constitutional amendment on gaming.
Counsel for Republican interests in 2004 Presidential voting rights litigation.
Counsel for MGM Grand Detroit in casino selection litigation.
Counsel for Detroit Downtown Development Authority defending a $50 million state grant for the new Tiger Stadium.
- Legal counsel to former Governor Milliken
- Michigan Supreme Court Historical Society Board of Directors
- Michigan State Bar Foundation Board of Trustees
- International Masters of Gaming Law
- Member, Michigan Civil Service Commission, Member (Past Chairman) (1991-1996)
- State Bar of Michigan
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Ingham County Bar Association
- State administrative law and litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Public utility regulation
- Hospital and health care regulation (including certificate of need litigation)
- Elections and campaign finance
- Administrative litigation and judicial appeals
- Commercial regulatory matters