Mordy Mednick is a partner in Dickinson Wright’s Commercial Litigation Group with a particular focus on business disputes and Blockchain and Cryptocurrency fraud. As a partner, Mordy has worked on a number of matters, including contractual and shareholder disputes, fraud, misrepresentation, construction and real estate matters. During this time, he has frequently attended before the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and conducted numerous trials, motions and mediations.
While at the Schulich School of Law, Mordy conducted pro-bono research for a community medical clinic and volunteered his time with the Dalhousie Student Advocacy Service.
Education & Credentials
Dalhousie UniversityB.A., History, 2006
Faculty of Law, Dalhousie UniversityB.A. (law), 2009
- Dean's List (2009)
- Lane, Stuart Clark Memorial Prize - Awarded to the student who has obtained the highest mark in Administrative Law (2009)
- Alistair Fraser Scholarship - Awarded to students who have obtained a first class average (2008)
Successfully defended a motion for injunctive relief against an employee of a company for the development and sale of various technologies
Successfully defended an appeal before the Ontario Court of Appeal against a solicitor for his failure to provide legal advice to a former client
Succeeded at trial in respect of a deficiency dispute involving a general contractor
Successfully defended a motion for injunctive relief in respect of a trucking dispute involving opposing shareholders
Successfully defended a motion for injunctive relief in respect of a shareholder dispute involving a commercial building.
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society
- Author, “Your Contractor Messed Up. Can You Fire Them?," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, Jan 2023
- Author, "Entire Agreement Clauses Do Not Preclude Claims for Pre-Contractual Negligent Misrepresentations,” Dickinson Wright All Things Canada Blog, January 2023
- Author, "Damages for Identity Theft? Think Again," Dickinson Wright All Things Canada Blog, September 2021
- Co-author, “Discoverability and Fraudulent Misrepresentation,” Dickinson Wright All Things Canada blog, May 2021
- Guest Lecturer at George Brown College on Construction Law