Michael J. Lusardi provides counsel to companies and individuals in the acquisition, disposition, leasing, development, construction, and financing of office, retail, industrial, mixed-use, and residential projects throughout the United States. He frequently works as real estate counsel for corporate clients, representing them in the acquisition, development, and leasing of real estate and assisting in day-to-day real estate affairs. Prior to joining Dickinson Wright, Michael practiced in Katten Muchin Rosenman's Chicago office. He is the Chair of the firm's Real Estate practice.
University of MichiganB.A., 2004
- summa cum laude
Georgetown University Law CenterJ.D., 2007
- Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law and Policy -- Senior Editor
- The Legal 500 United States, “Recommended Lawyer,” Real Estate, 2019
- Michigan Rising Stars List, 2013-2020
- DBusiness Magazine, Top Lawyers, 2018-2020
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA)
- The Huntington National Bank
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services USA LLC
- Casa Bella Property Management, Inc.
- Strategic Property Solutions
- The E.W. Scripps Company
- Flagstar Bank
- AR Global Investments
- Mahindra Automotive North America
- Michigan State University Federal Credit Union
- Represents a global automotive OEM in its plans to invest $1.6 billion to expand its current manufacturing facilities in Detroit and invest $900 million to modernize another local assembly plant.
- Represents an India-based automaker in their plans to build an anticipated $1 billion plant on former General Motors grounds in Flint, Michigan.
- Serves as primary leasing counsel for a media company with newspaper, local television studios, and other information, satellite, and digital platforms.
- Represents a health care real estate investment trust (REIT) in its acquisitions and dispositions of medical office buildings.
- Serves as primary leasing counsel for one of the largest banks headquartered in Michigan.
- Assists as primary leasing counsel for a nationwide office, industrial, and warehouse tenant.
- Represented the financer of a $70 million luxury apartment complex located on a historical site in Detroit's Central Business District. The mixed-use development project included 300 residential units and more than 10,000 square feet of retail space.
- Represented the purchaser of $50 million apartment project.
- Represented the purchaser of $12 million office building.
- American Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Christ, Our Light! Catholic Church, Parish Council
- Moderator, “Downtown and Suburban Developments – Game Changing Projects,” Midwest Real Estate News 5th Annual Detroit Commercial Real Estate Summit, September 6, 2019
- Co-Author, “Michigan Purchase and Sale Issues for Buyers,” The Practical Real Estate Lawyer, May 2017
- Presenter, "The Do’s and Don’ts of Real Property Ownership Transfers," State Bar of Michigan Annual Meeting, October 2015
- Presenter, “Are We in a (Landlord-Tenant) Relationship, Yet? Common Premises Possession and Term Commencement Issues”, International Council of Shopping Centers Michigan Continuing Education Program for Real Estate Professionals, February 2013 and 2014
- Presenter, “Legal Careers in an Evolving World”, University of Michigan Law School, March and November 2012
- Author, “Sustainable Development: Going Green”, Commercial Leasing Law & Strategy, April 2010
- Author, “Incentives For Midwestern Developers to Go Green”, Environmental Law 360, November 2009