Colgate UniversityB.A., 1991
- Phi Alpha Theta
- History Honors Society
Syracuse UniversityJ.D., 1997
- Order of the Coif
- magna cum laude
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Antitrust Litigation, 2012-2021
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- Business Litigation, 2014-2021
- DBusiness Magazine
- "Top Lawyers," Antitrust Law/Antitrust Litigation, 2013-2021
- Daimler, AG
- Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Emerson Electric, Inc.
- Ford Motor Company
- Google Inc.
- Jones Lang Lasalle
- MGM Grand
- PNC Bank, N.A.
- Rollins, Inc.
Successfully represent clients in pursuing and defending numerous antitrust cases, alleging claims for monopoly, monopsony, conspiracy, price-discrimination, resale price maintenance or predatory pricing, including health care provider and consumer protection claims.
Represent companies and individuals targeted by DOJ in criminal antitrust, price-cartel, and anti-bribery/FCPA investigations.
Represented Fortune 100 Company in DOJ investigation for alleged participation in international price fixing cartel and resulting putative civil antitrust class actions. No charges were brought in criminal investigation and obtained dismissal of putative civil antitrust class actions.
Member of trial team for nationwide antitrust class-action matter, and obtained a favorable resolution of over $151 million.
Represented “first of its kind” web-based real estate company in monopoly, refusal to deal, and business termination case against MLS’ resulting in multi-million dollar settlement for client.
Co-lead counsel for OEM in antitrust/RICO litigation with claimed damages in excess of $3 billion. Obtained dismissal of all thirteen causes of action in the District Court and dismissal affirmed by Sixth Circuit on appeal.
Co-lead counsel for MGM Grand Detroit in putative class action alleging violations of the Michigan Consumer Protective Act in operation of slot machines and obtained summary dismissal of all claims. Dismissal of cases affirmed on appeal.
Michigan counsel on Michigan Consumer Protection Act and consumer related litigation for Amazon, Inc.
Counsel clients on intellectual property matters including patent litigation and licensing, and intellectual property portfolio management.
Represent clients as lead counsel or Michigan counsel in patent cases including Google, and local counsel representation of KSR International in KSR International Co. v. Teleflex Inc.
Represented major sporting goods manufacture in obtaining a preliminary injunction against competitor for patent infringement of sporting good equipment design.
Co-lead counsel for Tier I automotive supplier in ITC patent infringement trial involving claims of illegal importation of certain products which resulted in an initial determination of infringement and a favorable settlement.
- State Bar of Michigan, Former Chair of Antitrust, Franchise & Trade Regulation Section
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- Federal Bar Association, E.D. Mich. Chapter
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Grosse Pointe Hockey Association, Former Volunteer Coach and Board Member, 2002 - 2017
- University Liggett School, Alumni Board of Governors 2009 – 2016, Vice-President 2014-2015, President 2015-2016
- Christ Church Grosse Pointe, Vestry 2000 - 2003
- Clerk, Michigan Court of Appeals, Pre-Hearing Division, 1997-1998
- Co-Author, "Price Gouging During the COVID-19 Crisis," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, April 2020
- Co-author, “DOJ and FTC Announce Expedited Antitrust Review Procedure and Guidance In Response To COVID-19", Dickinson Wright Client Alert, April 2020
- Co-Author, “Is Your Physician Organization Complying With Antitrust Law?” Healthcare Michigan, December 2017
- Speaker, "Preventing Price-Fixing Allegations: What You Need to Consider in Your Antitrust Compliance Programs" Webinar in Conjunction with The Knowledge Group, February 23, 2017
- Speaker, "Cross-Market Mergers in the Healthcare Industry: The New Focus of Antitrust Enforcement?" Webinar in Conjunction with The Knowledge Group and NERA, July 13, 2016
- Speaker, "Practical Considerations for Enhancing Anti-Bribery and Corruption Compliance," KPMG Risk and Compliance Forum, Detroit, MI, January 14, 2015
- Speaker, "Legal Strategies, Supplier Trends, and Supply Chain Issues," Original Equipment Supplier's Association Regional Meeting, Nashville, TN, June 20, 2013
- Moderator, "Corporate Leniency In An Era of Increased Enforcement," Antitrust, Franchise and Trade Regulation Section Of SBM, Detroit, MI, February 15, 2013
- Speaker, "Anti-Compliance = Antitrust," Automotive Industry Action Group Annual Meeting, Troy, MI, March 6, 2012
- Contributing author to Michigan Law of Damages and Other Remedies; Ch. 14, Damages Recoverable for Breaches of Contracts for the Sale of Goods, Vol. I (2002 3d ed).