Ms. VanderVeen is a Member in Dickinson Wright’s Banking and Finance Group. Based in Denver and headquartered in Detroit, Ms. VanderVeen’s practice focuses on transactions involving financing, whether syndicated or single-lender loans, secured or unsecured loans, cash-flow or asset-based loans, real estate financing, construction financing, acquisition financing, or recapitalization. Ms. VanderVeen assists clients with all aspects of commercial finance transactions, including initial structuring and documentation, modifications and amendments, and restructurings and refinancings. Ms. VanderVeen counsels lenders and borrowers alike, as well as agents, participants, sponsors, and other owners. Ms. VanderVeen specializes in loans to regulated industries, including cannabis (single state and MSOs, vertical and horizontal operations, and more) and healthcare (medical and dental), and handles cross-border transactions. Throughout the pandemic, Ms. VanderVeen has also advised clients on PPP loan matters.
Ms. VanderVeen also assists corporate clients with a variety of business matters and, in particular, commercial contracts.
Michigan State UniversityB.A., Social Relations and Policy, 2010
- Academic Scholars Program
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D., 2014
- cum laude
- Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity
- Student Board of Governors
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- "Up and Coming Lawyer," 2022
- Best Lawyers in America®
- "Ones to Watch," Banking and Finance Law, 2021-2022
- JPMorgan Chase Bank
- The Huntington National Bank
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- PNC Bank
- Citizens Bank, N.A.
- Counsel to borrower group in $100 million secured senior financing to fund acquisitions in the cannabis sector
- Counsel to agent in $350 million first-lien asset-based revolving credit facility, complimented by a first-lien equipment finance facility, second-lien term loan, and various vendor-floor plan arrangements
- Counsel to agent in $185 million senior credit facility including a revolving loan and a term loan, in transaction that included receivables financing and sponsor financing to support expansion and acquisitions of company operations in the US and Canada.
- Counsel to borrower group in $55 million senior secured term loan to fund ongoing cannabis-related operations
- Counsel to borrower group in $74 million syndicated term loan to fund sponsor’s acquisition and consolidation of various dental groups
- Counsel to agent in $250 million multi-currency credit facility involving 4 banks and 33 loan parties with operations and assets across 9 countries and 6 states.
- Counsel to agent in $40 million cross-border asset-based loan facility involving entities across 3 continents, secured by, among other assets, collateral in the US, UK, Canada, and Mexico, and real estate across 4 different states.
- Counsel to lender in $20 million multicurrency facility using US and Canadian borrowing bases
- State Bar of Michigan
- Colorado Lawyers Committee
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Co-author, “Update – SBA Adds Guidance Regarding Necessity Certification Under the Paycheck Protection Program”, Dickinson Wright News Alert, April 2020
- Co-author, “Summary: SBA Financial Assistance Under the CARES Act”, Dickinson Wright Client Alert, April 2020