Paul Muchnik is a Partner in the Dickinson Wright Toronto office. Paul focuses his practice on real estate. He has extensive experience in acting for banks and other lenders in commercial mortgage transactions as well as mortgage recovery and resolution. His practice also includes all aspects of sophisticated commercial real estate matters including acquisitions, dispositions and leasing. In addition to transactional work, Paul has drafted financing documents utilized by lenders in the ordinary course of their business. He also provides advice to clients on regulatory and compliance matters and on the structuring of financing transactions.
Western UniversityLL.B., 1986
- Martindale-Hubbell® Leading Lawyer
Acting as counsel to major commercial mortgage lenders in the following:
- A $210 million mortgage loan on the security of a portfolio of apartment buildings.
- A $200 million mortgage loan to a commercial landlord in connection with a Real Estate Investment Trust on the security of a major Ottawa landmark office building.
- A $100 million mortgage loan on the security of an office building in downtown Toronto.
- A $87 million mortgage loan to a commercial builder and a large insurance provider on the security of a mixed use office and retail building located in downtown Toronto.
- A $85 million mortgage loan on the security of a high-rise student residence in downtown Toronto.
- A $82.5 million mortgage loan to an investment company on the security of a major Toronto Hotel.
- A $39 million mortgage loan to a commercial landlord for a multi-unit residential building on the security of another owned property.
- A $31 million mortgage loan to a commercial developer on the security of an office building located in Toronto.
- A $20.5 million mortgage loan to commercial REIT on the security of two retail centres located in central Ontario.
- A $31 million mortgage financing for the construction of a large shopping centre.
- A $48 million mortgage loan to a major Swedish corporation making its initial investment in Canadian real estate, on the security of two downtown apartment buildings.
- A $190 million financing for the construction of a hotel.
- A $180 million financing for the acquisition of a portfolio of office buildings.
- A $150 million financing of a high-rise condominium project.
- A $79 million financing of acquisition of a portfolio of industrial buildings.
- A $50 million financing of a portfolio of apartment buildings.
- Lease negotiations on behalf of a large retailer with respect to several different business chains across Canada.
- Lease negotiations on behalf of Canada’s premiere University.
- Lease negotiations on behalf of numerous Canadian franchisors within the food and beverage industry.
- Canadian Bar Association (Real Property Section)
- Ontario Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers