As an attorney in Dickinson Wright’s Fort Lauderdale office, Angelina M. Gonzalez focuses her practice on civil and administrative litigation, healthcare matters, cannabis regulation and government contracts. Angelina has represented a variety of clients in highly complex civil and administrative litigation matters, including a state administrative agency, a private non-profit university, academic health centers, and other corporate clients. Angelina continues to use the experience gained throughout her career to better inform and represent her clients in governmental and civil proceedings.
Florida International UniversityB.A., Psychology and Women’s Studies, 2007
- Cum Laude
Florida State University College of LawJ.D., 2012
- Magna Cum Laude
- Super Lawyers, Florida Rising Stars, 2022, Administrative Law
- Florida Trend Florida Legal Elite Up & Comers, 2021, Health
• Successfully litigated a breach of contract dispute on behalf of a healthcare clinic against a managed care organization.
• Successfully opposed a constitutional challenge to HB 1165 (2018), Trauma Services, on behalf of an academic health center at the trial court level and the appellate level.
• Represented various academic health centers in the rule development, and subsequent rule challenges, for tertiary care hospital programs.
• Negotiated a $500 million contract with a state administrative agency on behalf of a community based care program.
• Negotiated a $5 million contract with a state administrative agency on behalf of an academic health center to create a clinic that provides free healthcare services to uninsured veterans and their family members.
• Provided guidance and legal support to corporate entities looking to use alternative government contracting methods, including “piggyback” contracts, alternate source contracts, and state term contracts.
- Florida Bar, Administrative Law Section, Member
- Florida Bar, Health Law Section, Member
- Board Member, Broward Housing Solutions
- Member, Leadership Broward Foundation, Class XXXVIII
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Author, “HHS Proposes Rule on Confidentiality,” Healthcare Michigan, Dec 2022
- Speaker, "Administrative Variances and Waivers," Florida Bar Health Law Section, CLE – Master Class 2022: A Baker’s Dozen of Legal Treats, October 2022