University of MichiganB.A., 1989
- With Distinction
Boston College Law SchoolJ.D., 1992
- DBusiness Magazine
- "Top Lawyer," Litigation - Real Estate, 2023
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Litigation - Real Estate, 2014-2024
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- Business Litigation, 2011-2023
- Ajax Metal Processing, Inc.
- Ally Financial, Inc.
- Desert Rock Entertainment, LLC
- DROCK Gaming, LLC
- Flagstar Bank
- Golden Gate Casino and Hotel
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Surface Activation Technologies, LLC
- Target Steel, Inc.
- The Cold Heading Company
- The D Hotel and Casino
- CIBC Bank USA
- Torch Steel, Inc.
- Visionary Enterprises, Inc.
- Wolverine Carbide and Tool, Inc.
Tried over 40 civil and criminal jury trials.
Defended start up supplier of innovative technology in a "bet the company" case, resulting in a no cause of action verdict against its primary competitor in a trade secret action.
Represented major financial institution in an action to foreclose and sell marina with 750 boat slips and multiple subtenant businesses.
Managed recovery of failed commercial single and multi-family developments for lender through deeds in lieu of foreclosure transaction.
Defended Tier 1 automotive supplier along with its former presidentband obtained dismissal of suit to enforce letter of intent for sale of manufacturing plant.
Based on four plus years of experience as an Oakland County Assistant Prosecutor, conducted internal investigations of executives and employees of a major insurance company to uncover violations of company policy or criminal activity.
Successfully recovered and sold 42 parcels of agricultural property for major insurance company after debtors filed multiple suits in state and federal court to stop the sale.
Represented various surgery centers, and managing entities of surgery centers, involving disputes over lease and management agreements.
Obtained injunction for securities firm preventing brokers who defected to competitor from poaching clients in violation of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.
Prevailed at trial in action involving economic claims for breach of warranty and breach of requirements contract between steel fabricator and Tier 1 automotive supplier.
Represented the Related Companies, L.L.C. in various lease disputes involving commercial tenants and lease guarantors in large mixed-use development.
Represented automotive manufacturer in construction lien foreclosure action, threatening foreclosure of one of its truck manufacturing plants.
Defeated class certification in a test class action case against major title insurer over its insured lender's reverse mortgage program.
Represented AT&T, Inc. in injunction action to recover property and preserve telecommunications equipment critical to telephone service to much of the Midwest.
Represented various Michigan and national lenders in mortgage foreclosure actions and construction lien priority disputes.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Fellow, Michigan State Bar Foundation
- Real Estate Section, Member
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Sustaining Member
- Oakland County Inns of Court, past member and Barrister
- Oakland County Bar Foundation
- Trustee of the Board of Trustees, Birmingham Education Foundation, 2012-present
- Beachlawn Corporation, Director
- Karmanos Cancer Institute, Regional Director, 2002 - 2004