Thomas Christian is an associate in Dickinson Wright’s litigation and Political Law practices. He engages in a broad civil litigation practice representing large institutions, middle market companies, and emerging businesses. Additionally, Thomas advises Republican officeholders, candidates, party committees, and political organizations on all aspects of litigation in the areas of campaign finance and election law, government ethics, lobbying compliance, and tax-exempt organizations.
Prior to joining Dickinson Wright, Thomas clerked for Judge Edward H. Meyers on the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. Thomas also previously worked as an associate at a large law firm in Washington DC. At his prior firm, he gained expertise on U.S. trade and investment laws applicable to cross-border transactions, prepared submissions to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. (CFIUS), and advised clients on export controls, economic sanctions, procurement regulations, and trade practice disputes.
Separately, Thomas previously held several government and consultant positions within the U.S. Intelligence Community and Department of Defense.
Vanderbilt University School of LawJ.D., 2017
- Scholastic Excellence Award in Corporate Compliance and Internal Investigations
Columbia University’s School of International and Public AffairsMaster of International Affairs, 2013
Georgia Institute of TechnologyB.S. in International Affairs, 2010 and B.S. in Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, 2010
- High Honors
- Morris K. Udall Undergraduate Scholar (2008 & 2009)
- District of Columbia
U.S. Board of Directors of World Renew
- A Christian not-for-profit organization in the U.S. and Canada that focuses on international community development and domestic & international disaster response.
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2022)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (2022)