Miami UniversityB.A., Foreign Affairs and History, 1987
- cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
Capital University Law SchoolJ.D., 1992
- magna cum laude
- Law Review
- Order of the Curia
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Real Estate Law, 2008-2020, 2023
• Represented a premier fractional jet provider in the development of $43,000,000 corporate facility.
• Counseled a major airport authority respecting a public-private partnership for the development of 2,000 plus acres.
• Represented a consortium of lenders in New Markets Tax Credit transaction for the development of a cultural center.
• Representation of a private equity fund in the development, financing, and leasing of assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing facilities throughout the United States.
• Advised developer on structuring of EB-5 investments for the development and construction of mixed-use development in downtown Columbus, Ohio.
• Represented lender in bond financing transaction for the development of $93,000,000 mixed-use development in Central Ohio.
• Represented private equity fund in joint venture for the development of 183-unit apartment complex in Carmel, Indiana.
• Represented private equity fund in development and financing of $43,000,000 assisted living/memory care facility in Florida.
• Represented the borrower in a $18,000,000 permanent financing for apartment building in Columbus, Ohio.
• Counsel to a major airport in the development of adjacent land.
• Counsel to purchaser of a portfolio of six office/industrial sites.
• Represented lender in construction loan for 200 unit apartment development.
• Drafting loan documentation and joint venture agreements for real estate acquisition and development.
• Structuring sale/leaseback transactions.
• Drafted and negotiated lease documentation for ground lease, built-to-suit, industrial, manufacturing and office transactions.
• Counsel to buyers and sellers in mergers or acquisitions in the real estate sector.
• Counseled banks and borrowers in construction and permanent financing.
• Represented commercial and residential developers, financial institutions, and clients with nationwide real estate portfolios in commercial leasing, condominium formation, construction contracts and real estate acquisitions and financing.
• Served as legal advisor for a nonprofit organization addressing the housing needs of low-income individuals.
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association