Charles D. (Chuck) Brecker principally represents residential and commercial real estate builders and developers, as well as investors and joint venturers, in acquiring, financing, developing, constructing, selling and leasing residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects, many of which consist of vast acreage and vertical mixed-use towers. In addition, Chuck has extensive experience in the creation of condominium and homeowners' communities, hotel and office condominiums, and has handled resort and club real estate transactions. Chuck also represents local and national institutional and private equity lenders concerning a variety of real estate loan transactions.
University of Florida Levin College of LawJ.D., 1982
- with Honors
Temple UniversityB.A., 1974
- Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2009 to present
- Florida Trend
- Florida's Legal Elite list, 2013 to 2021
- South Florida Legal Guide
- Top Lawyers in South Florida, Real Estate, 2008 to 2015
- Legal 500 United States
- Real Estate, 2008, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America
- Community Association Law and Real Estate Law, 2019 to present
- Builders Association of South Florida
- Joseph G. Goldstein Legislative Leadership Award, 2018
- Co-Chair, High-Rise Council 2018 to present
- Joseph G. Goldstein Legislative Leadership Award, 2021
- Representing developers in acquisition, development and construction of various planned real estate projects, such as a 580-acre residential property in Pembroke Pines containing nearly 1,800 houses; a 900-acre tract in Miramar containing more than 2,300 residential lots and units and various commercial and light industrial components of a mixed-use project; a 50-acre upscale residential enclave along the Intracoastal Waterway in Delray Beach; a 430-acre tract in Port St. Lucie, developed into a mixed-use project, and a 200-acre parcel in Wellington containing more than $200 million of single-family and multi-family residential dwelling units.
- Representing developers of various high-rise luxury condominium projects in Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach County, Miami and Miami Beach, and west coast locations from Naples to Tampa, Daytona Beach and Orlando, which contain more than 2,000 condo units, inclusive of ground-up construction and conversions of existing improvements.
- Representing developers and investors in development, financing, permitting and approvals; creating special assessment districts, community development districts, homeowners associations, condominium associations and other master planned communities.
- Advised investor-client as to bulk acquisition and ultimate termination of condominium regime, pursuant to Florida law, consisting of nearly 300 units in Broward County, Florida.
- Negotiated and closed dozens of acquisition, development and construction loans for real estate projects throughout the Southeastern United States.
- Drafted numerous sets of condominium filing documents (prospectus), as well as lot contracts and disclosure documents; homeowners association documents; and complex governance documents for dozens of residential, commercial and mixed-use projects throughout the state.
- Representation of buyers and sellers of condominium and bulk sales transactions in Miami, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, Orlando and St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Handled and negotiated real estate ventures on behalf of builders and developers, as well as capital partners and institutional lenders.
- Representation of local and national banks, private equity firms and other lenders in financing the acquisition, development and construction of numerous real estate developments throughout South Florida containing residential, retail, office, warehouse and mixed-use developments.
- Counsel for various owners of residential condominium and cooperative communities in “termination” of such structures, pursuant to Florida law.
- Counsel for developer acquiring operating golf course together with substantial acreage for building of luxury condominiums, luxury senior housing and commercial uses in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Condominium and Planned Development Committee, 1986 to present
- Commercial Real Estate Committee, 2012 to present
- Executive Council, 1993 to 2006
- Chairman, Real Estate Development Committee, 1993 to 2006
- University of Miami Institute on Condominium and Cluster Development
- Advisory Committee, 2001 to present
- Portofino Development District, Port St. Lucie, FL
- Supervisor, 2002 to 2004
- Builders Association of South Florida
- Board of Directors, 2013 to present
- Florida Home Builders Association
- Board of Directors, 2014 to present
- Chair, Multi-Family and Condo Council, 2019
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Community and Housing Development, State of Florida Co-Chair, 2014 to present
- Southeast Florida and Caribbean Council Advisory Board, 2003 to 2017
- Urban Development Mixed Use, National Chair, 2013 to 2016
- Florida Board Certified in Condominium & Planned Development Law, 2018 to present