Joe concentrates his practice on counseling high net worth individuals, professionals and business owners, their families and the businesses they own. He provides his clients with estate planning and settlement services, advises on business succession planning, and represents closely held businesses in their day to day business affairs. He also advises charitable organizations with respect to a variety of matters including formation and governance.
Oakland UniversityB.A., 2004
- Cum Laude
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D., 2007
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- "Rising Star," Trusts and Estates, 2013-2019, 2021
- Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metro Detroit
- Detroit Economic Club
- Trustee, Henry M. Seldon Charitable Trust
- Committee Member, Salvation Army Planned Giving Professional Committee
- Co-Author, “Estate Planning for Clients with International Ties,” LACHES magazine.
- Co-Presenter, “Estate Planning for Clients with International Ties,” Oakland County Bar Association’s Probate, Estate and Trust Committee Meeting, May 2021
- Chapter Author, “Planning for Closely Held Entities” Institute of Continuing Legal Education Michigan Estate Planning Handbook, 2019
- Chapter Co-Author, “Basic Estate Planning and Drafting” Institute of Continuing Legal Education Basic Practice Handbook, 2019
- Presenter, “Michigan Domestic Asset Protection Trusts” Michigan Bankers Association, April 2017
- Presenter, “Domestic Asset Protection Trusts Come to Michigan” Northern Michigan and West Michigan Financial and Estate Planning Councils, January 2017