Michigan State UniversityB.A., 1998
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D., 2002
- Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers "Rising Stars"
- Individuals, couples and unmarried couples
- Multi-generational families
- Trustees and Personal Representatives
- Shareholders and Members of closely-held businesses
- Nonprofit corporations
Design customized estate plans for married couples, unmarried couples, individuals, and high net worth clients, that achieve client goals including:
- Tax savings strategies and estate tax avoidance
- Probate avoidance
- Educational planning for children
- Planning strategies for special needs children/individuals
- Charitable giving
- Second marriages and blended families
- End of life care and life-sustaining treatment
- Inter-generational wealth transfers
- Real estate, life insurance, and retirement planning strategies
Represent personal representatives, trustees, and beneficiaries in probate and trust administration and litigation.
Advise individuals and families about guardianship and conservatorship matters.
Counsel individuals and families about post-mortem tax and estate planning.
- State Bar of Michigan - Probate and Estate Planning, Taxation and Litigation Sections, Member
- Oakland County Bar Association, Member
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education Contributor
- Library of Michigan Foundation, Former Board Member
- Michigan Senate Committee on Families, Mental Health, and Human Services, Former Committee Clerk
- St. Malachy Church, Sterling Heights, Board Member
- Sterling Heights Community Foundation, Former Board Member
- Presenter, “Estate Planning Tax Considerations for 2017”, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, February 2017
- Moderator and Presenter, “Planning Techniques for the Taxable Estate” Institute of Continuing Legal Education, December 2016
- Presenter, “Counsel Client about Patient Advocate Designations” Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Elder Law Certificate Program, November, 2016
- Presenter, Institute of Continuing Legal Education Seminar "Tax Law Series: Estate Planning Tax Considerations for 2016," March 2016