Ms. Slocum assists in a variety of Trademark & Copyright matters including trademark portfolio management, copyright protection strategies, practice before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, as well as trademark infringement and unfair competition suits. She also assists in various Patent matters including protection strategies and patent infringement litigation.
- Counsel and advise clients on protectable aspects of business and procedures in obtaining intellectual property rights
- Trademark clearance
- International intellectual property portfolio management including obtaining and enforcing rights worldwide
- Trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Negotiate and prepare trademark, copyright and patent licensing agreements
- Negotiate and draft co-existence and settlement agreements
- Litigation in a variety of federal courts regarding trademark, patent, copyright, trade secret, right of publicity, and breach of contract claims
- Trademark counterfeiting and grey market litigation.
Colgate UniversityB.A., Biology
Pace University School of LawJ.D.
- Articles Editor, Pace Environmental Law Review
- District of Columbia
- International Trademark Association
- Bar of Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Member
- State Bar of New York, Member
- State Bar of the District of Columbia, Member