Princeton UniversityA.B., 1965
University of MichiganJ.D., 1970
- Aramco Services Company
- Detroit Fitness Foundation
- Enbridge Energy, Limited Partnership
- FCA Realty LLC
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- MGM Growth Properties LLC
- MGM Resorts International and subsidiaries
- Michigan State University Foundation
- RBS Securities, Inc.
- Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- State of Ohio Attorney General
Acquired the 500 acre site and prepared sale/leaseback documentation to finance construction of the Chrysler Technology Center, now the Chrysler World Headquarters in Auburn Hills.
Assembled a city park and 231 platted lots covering 15 city blocks in downtown Detroit and obtained zoning, development plan approval, street vacations and permitting for the MGM Grand Detroit Hotel and Casino.
Drafted the omnibus agreement controlling the development of casinos and racinos in the State of Ohio.
Organized 1300 Lafayette East Cooperative and on its behalf negotiated the purchase and financing from HUD and conventional refinancing of a 336 unit, 28 story apartment project in downtown Detroit.
Negotiated the merger of the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology into the Henry Ford Health System.
Negotiated the sale of several former convent and school facilities in Michigan and Illinois.
Obtained zoning and plan approval for redevelopment of a 70 acre academic campus and negotiated construction contracts and architectural services agreements for $50 million in LEED certified building renovations.
Office lease transactions in Arizona, Florida, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and District of Columbia.
Reductions in real property assessments for commercial and industrial property resulting in millions of dollars in tax refunds.
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Adjunct Professor, Real Estate Planning, University of Detroit School of Law (1975-1980)
- State Bar of Michigan, Real Property Law Section Council (Chairperson, 1998-1999)
- Board of Commissioners, The Greening of Detroit
- Council of Advisors, Henry Ford Health System
- Chairman of the Board, Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology (1993-2013)
- Use of Appraisers in Real Estate Transactions, Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2014
- Condominiums, Planned Communities and Urban Development, Lorman Education Services, 2005
- Casino Financing, American Land Title Association, 2000