Wittenberg UniversityB.A., Chemistry and Physics, 1974
- magna cum laude
University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D., 1977
- magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Listed in "The Best Lawyers in America" as a real estate practitioner (1997-Present)
- Listed in "Southwest Super Lawyers"
- Named in "Chambers U.S.A." as a named and ranked leading real estate attorney in Arizona
Fred Fathe practices extensively in all real estate transactional areas; banking (primarily real estate and corporate finance); corporate acquisitions; and in Uniform Commercial Code matters. He is a Certified Specialist, Real Property Law, State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Fathe is actively involved with real property acquisition and development, including acquisition and sales of both unimproved and improved property; real property master- and development planning; major leasing transactions; real property financing transactions; and advising banks and other institutions (both in Arizona and out-of-state) regarding structuring of Arizona real property lending transactions, foreclosures and loan modifications.
Mr. Fathe has been involved advising Borrowers and Owners for over 25 years regarding subsidized housing project in Arizona. He has had significant experience involving HUD financing, ADOH-assisted financing, tax credit financing, etc. involving all aspects of those projects (including acquisition, construction and financing issues).
He has been involved with tax-exempt financing in Arizona since the early 1980s. During that time Mr. Fathe acted as Borrower's counsel in numerous tax-exempt financings, including counsel to public entities which were borrowers.
Mr. Fathe has extensively counseled municipal clients with regard to both financing and other general municipal business matters.
- State Bar of Arizona, Member, Real Property and Business Law Sections; Subcommittee on Corporate, Banking, and Business Law Section; past Program and Speaker Chairman - Phoenix area, Real Property Section
- American Bar Association, Member, Real Property Section
- Arizona State Bar, past Member, Business Law Section Council; past Chair, Real Property Section; past Chair and current Member, Business Law Section
- Frequent lecturer respecting real property and finance issues at seminars, presentations and conventions sponsored by the State Bar of Arizona