Prior to moving her practice to Michigan, Erin practiced law in Indianapolis, Indiana, where she represented corporate and healthcare clients in a variety of litigation, regulatory, and corporate matters.
Erin earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre from the University of Michigan, where she graduated magna cum laude. After college, she moved to New York City, performing in Broadway musicals such as “42nd Street,” “Thoroughly Modern Millie,” and “West Side Story.” In 2011, Erin earned her Juris Doctor magna cum laude from the University of Illinois College of Law, where she served as the Managing Editor of the Elder Law Journal.
University of MichiganB.F.A., Musical Theatre
- magna cum laude
University of Illinois College of LawJ.D., 2011
- magna cum laude
- Elected graduation speaker for the Class of 2011
- University of Illinois Elder Law Journal, Managing Editor
- University of Illinois College of Law Trial Team, Competitor
- Research Assistant for Professor Peter B. Maggs
Represents a global automotive OEM in its plans to invest $1.6 billion to expand its current manufacturing facilities in Detroit and invest $900 million to modernize another local assembly plant.
Represented municipality in the acquisition of large, vacant commercial property from a top 50 Fortune 500 Company for the purpose of re-development.
Represented Canadian manufacturer in the acquisition of a Detroit manufacturing facility.
Represented several real estate developers in the acquisition of manufactured home communities and multi-family properties throughout the United States.
Represented shopping center owner in the sale of the same to a current tenant.
Represented real estate developer in the restructuring of its portfolio of companies.
Represented owner of several multi-family properties in HUD refinancing transactions exceeding $50 million in value.
Represented purchaser in the purchase and leaseback of a commercial retail property to a company with over $5 billion in revenue.
Represented owners of office buildings throughout Detroit and the metropolitan area in the sale of such buildings.
Represented both landlords and tenants throughout the Detroit metropolitan area in the negotiation of leases and amendments thereto.
Represented an Ohio attorney charged with the unauthorized practice of law in Indiana. Matter was heard before the Indiana Supreme Court. Opinion at State ex. Rel. Ind. Supreme Court Disciplinary Comm’n v. Farmer, 978 N.E.2d 409 (Ind. 2012).
- Real Estate Section, State Bar of Michigan
- International Council of Shopping Centers
Chair of Dickinson Wright’s 2019 United Way Campaign
- School on Wheels: Chair of the SPOKES Speakers Bureau and tutor (2011-2015)
- Michigan Steps Into the Future with the Creation of the E-Notary, Michigan Real Property Law Review (Fall/Winter 2019)
- Specific Performance: A Maverick Remedy Post-eBay and Winter; 34 Franchise L.J. 199 (2014) (co-authored)
- Law, Insouciance, and Death in the Emergency Room; 19 Elder L.J. 257 (2011)