Cynthia Alexander, an “A/V Preeminent Attorney®” as rated by Martindale-Hubbell® and ranked in The Legal 500 United States, serves the firm as Deputy CEO of Practice Management and Human Resources. Ms. Alexander is a trial attorney who focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, including construction and real estate disputes and financial services litigation, as well as having an active employment law practice.
Ms. Alexander’s construction practice generally involves the representation of private and public owners, developers, general contractors, and suppliers on a variety of needs, including contract negotiation, risk avoidance and allocation, and analysis and preparation of construction claims. In addition, she routinely represents clients in the arbitration, mediation, and litigation of construction disputes.
For over 20 years, Ms. Alexander has handled real estate matters, such as title and escrow matters, real estate contracts, HOA issues, easement disputes, equitable mortgage claims, and wrongful liens. She has extensive experience with respect to commercial and residential foreclosures (both judicial and non-judicial), land contract forfeitures, evictions, and deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure. Further, she provides counsel on all aspects of secured loan workouts, restructurings, loan modifications, and enforcement of remedies.
In the area of financial services litigation, she represents financial institutions, mortgage lenders, and servicers in matters involving federal and state consumer protection statutes, various statutory and common law tort claims, and lender liability claims. She has handled hundreds of consumer finance cases related to federal lending laws and regulatory compliance such as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
Ms. Alexander assists a wide range of industries by advising on employment law issues, and defending wage and hour class action litigation, Title VII claims filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Nevada Equal Rights Commission (NERC), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) violations, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility cases, and wrongful discharge claims.
University of MichiganB.A., 1994
University of Wyoming College of LawJ.D., 1998
- Best Lawyers in America
- "Lawyer of the Year", Commercial Litigation, 2021
- The Legal 500 United States
- "Recommended Lawyer" 2019-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Peter Perlman Service Award (2016)
- Mountain State Super Lawyers
- 2012-2016, 2018-2020
- State Bar of Nevada
- Medal of Justice Award (2015)
- Women to Watch Award, Vegas Inc. (2014)
For financial institutions, mortgage lenders, and servicers, Cynthia represents clients in disputes involving federal and state consumer protection statutes, various statutory and common law tort claims, lender liability, and in dissenters' rights actions.
Cynthia assists a wide range of industries with advice on employment law issues, in addition to defending such claims against employers.
She provides guidance in commercial and residential lending, credit card accounts, and the foreclosure process.
Served for over 20 years as counsel to financial institutions in all aspects of workouts, restructurings, loan modification and enforcement of remedies.
Cynthia handles real estate matters, such as title and escrow disputes, real estate contract and easement disputes, and wrongful liens.
She represents public and private owners, developers, general contractors, and suppliers on a variety of needs, including contract negotiation, risk avoidance and allocation, analysis and preparation of construction claims. In addition, she represents clients in the arbitration, mediation, and litigation of construction disputes.
- Nevada Bar Foundation
- Trustee (2014-present)
- UNLV Boyd School of Law
- Chair of the Public Interest Law Community Advisory Board
- Clark County Bar Association
- Transitioning into Practice (TIP): A State Bar of Nevada Mentor Program
- Volunteer appointed by the Nevada Supreme Court (2012-present)
- Las Vegas Rescue Mission
- Board of Directors (2015-present)
- Nevada Public Radio
- Director Emeritus (2016-present)
- Chair of Board of Directors (2014-2016)
- Board of Directors (2006-2016)
- Soroptimist International of Greater Las Vegas (2013-present)
- Rocky Mountain Innocence Center
- Board of Directors (2011-2015)
- Board President (2012-2014)
- National High School Mock Trial Championship, Nevada 2018
- Steering Committee
- " Many Lawyers for Many Laws ," Featured, The Sunday/Vegas Inc. (July 6, 2014)
- "Rocky Mountain Innocence Center: Innocence Law Primer," Keynote Speaker, Soroptimist International of Greater Las Vegas Program Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada (June 19, 2014)
- "Construction Lien Law in Nevada," Presenter, Lorman Education Services (March 2014)