University of MichiganB.A., 1992
University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D., 1994
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- Business/Corporate Law, 2010-2018
- "Rising Stars," 2009-2021
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Corporate Law, 2013-2021
- DBusiness Magazine
- "Top Lawyers,"
- "Top Lawyers,"
- Alidade Capital Fund and related entities
- Poof-Slinky, Inc.
- FCA US LLC
- Delphi Corporation
- Olga's Kitchen, Inc.
- Huron Capital Partners and related funds
- Peninsula Capital Partners and related funds
- The Anderson Group LLC and related companies
- Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Corporate and acquisition counsel for major companies in the automotive, manufacturing, toy, restaurant, banking, real estate, insurance, technology and other industries.
Counsel to private equity funds regarding fund formation, structure, securities issues and other matters.
Counsel to private equity funds and buy-out companies in numerous acquisitions, restructuring, financing and divesture transactions.
Drafting master form commercial documents for Fortune 100 companies and primary outside counsel for large automotive suppliers.
Drafting, negotiating and advising clients on large commercial contract matters across a wide range of industries.
Borrower's counsel on a $2.8 billion financing.
Counsel for banks on corporate, commercial and loan documentation matters.
Representation of leading companies in commercial real estate purchase, sale and leasing transactions.
Representing majority and minority partners in significant joint venture and strategic alliance transactions.
General counsel to small and medium-sized closely held companies.
Counsel to technology companies on successful private placements and dispositions.
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education Champion designation
- Council Member of State Bar of Michigan Business Law Section
- State Bar committee member that drafted enacted amendments to the Michigan LLC Act
- Technology Law and Training Advisory Board Member for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Michigan Hispanic Bar Association, Former Member of the Board of Directors
- Speaker at 2012 Oakland Real Estate Investors Association seminar on "Raising Private Capital"
- Moderator at the 2012 Business Law Annual Meeting
- Moderator at the State of Michigan 2012 Annual Business Law Institute
- Speaker at the Southeast Michigan Entrepreneurs Association, 2011 Entrepreneur's Forum
- Moderator at the State of Michigan 2009 Annual Business Law Institute
- Guest Lecturer at Hillsdale College undergraduate entrepreneur's course
- Privacy Policies Don't Draft Away One of Your Client's Most Valuable Assets, Michigan Business Law Journal