University of MichiganB.A., 2011
University of Detroit Mercy School of LawJ.D., 2014
- summa cum laude
- Frank Murphy Honor Society
- National Appellate Advocacy Team
- Crain's Detroit Business "2018 Nonpartner Associate of the Year"
- Ralph Freeman Scholarship, awarded by Chief Judge Gerald E. Rosen
- Top 10 Oralist Award, Patrick A. Keenan Appellate Advocacy Competition
- University of Michigan
- Canyon Partners
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Donald Foss
Successfully briefed and argued before the Court of Appeals on behalf of the University of Michigan, obtaining reversal of the trial court’s denial of the University’s Motion for Summary Disposition. Named “2018 Non-Partner Associate of the Year” by Crain’s Detroit Business as a result of that argument.
Member of several trial and arbitration hearing teams that resulted in favorable outcomes for the client, including shareholder and fiduciary claims asserted against private equity group. Responsible for all aspects of trial preparation, including conducting direct examinations of several key witnesses, including the client representative.
Successfully challenged the constitutionality of legislation before the Court of Claims, which determination is now pending before the Michigan Supreme Court.
Successfully challenged prison officials’ refusal to permit adherent of minority sect to observe Eid al-Fitr, including briefing before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, which upheld the determination that the officials violated the client’s constitutional rights.
Obtained approximately $81 million judgment on behalf of lender in an action to appoint receiver and foreclose with respect to mixed-use development in Ann Arbor, Michigan, including successfully defending that judgment on appeal.
Identified the critical legal argument in multi-million dollar trust litigation, resulting in dismissal with prejudice of all claims asserted against our client.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Defense Research Institute
- Member of Young Lawyers' Planning Committee
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- The Risk of Silence: Allocating the Risks of Buyers and Sellers Through the Use of Pro- and Anti-Sandbagging Provisions, Business Law Journal (State Bar of Michigan), Spring 2019
- With Non-Competes under Attack, What Role for the Courts?, Daniel D. Quick, A. Pellegrino, Litigation Journal (State Bar of Michigan), Winter 2018
- Merger and Integration Clauses and Fraud: What Dies with the Deal?, Daniel D. Quick, A. Pellegrino, State Bar of Michigan Litigation Section, Litigation Journal (Winter 2017)
- Predictive Coding: Where Are We Now?, A. Pellegrino, S. Petz, S. Hamilton, Michigan Defense Quarterly, Vol. 33 No. 1 (2016)
- Attorney-Client Privilege Protections and Employer-Provided Technology: When Does the Employee’s “Expectation of Privacy” End and When Do You, as Counsel, Have an Obligation to Warn the Client?, S. Hamilton, S. Petz, M. Alamo, and A. Deskins, Michigan Defense Quarterly, Vol. 31 No. 3 (Jan. 2015)