Amber’s practice focuses solely on the areas of Estate Planning and Probate and Trust Administration. She regularly represents high-net-worth individuals, young professionals, new families, professional athletes, business owners and retirees. Amber takes a client-centered approach to ensure that all aspects of the estate plan are covered, from family dynamics to financial endeavors. Amber also routinely oversees complicated probate and trust administrations and has wide-ranging courtroom, negotiation and settlement conference experience regarding contested trusts and estates, estate tax questions, property valuation concerns, title defects, family disputes and undiscovered assets. Amber's varied experience allows her to advise estates concerning the resolution of these and other issues.
- Tax planning for clients with taxable estates to ensure that the maximum amount of the estate is available to loved ones and charities.
- Estate planning for business owners, including non-probate transfers of business interests to family members, and the transfer of real property interests located outside the United States.
- Planning for second marriages to ensure that the surviving spouse and both families are adequately provided for.
- Planning for young professionals and new families, including naming desired guardians for minor children and preparation of beneficiary designations.
Probate and Trust Administration.
- Complex trust administration for a taxable estate, including dealing with real property located in other states or countries.
- Representation of probate and trust estates where family members were omitted from the Will or Trust and asserts claims against the estate.
- Simple estates where probate can be avoided by use of Affidavits.
Arizona State UniversityB.S., 2008
- Dean’s Honor Roll
- Summa Cum Laude
California Western School of LawJ.D., 2011
- Moot Court Honors Board;
- Trial Team Member; Appellate Team Member
- Diversity Scholarship Recipient
- Legacy Champion Award by Benevilla
- Honored for service, leadership and dedication in the community.
- Arizona Super Lawyers®
- "Rising Star," Estate Planning & Probate Law, 2017-2018
- Southwest Super Lawyers®
- "Rising Star," Estate & Probate Law, 2021
- Committee on Examinations, Member
- Central Arizona Estate Planning Council, Member
- American Bar Association, Probate and Trust Section, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Administration Section, 2015-2017 Board Chair; 2014-2019 Past Board Member
- Benevilla, Past Board Member
- West Valley Connect, Past Board Member
- Amber regularly volunteers with the Probate Law Assistance Project.
- She has donated her time to the Sun Health Foundation, to assist in raising awareness of, and funds to benefit, Parkinson's research.
- Amber has also volunteered her time with Child Crisis Arizona, Habitat for Humanity, the Girl Scouts of America, Project C.U.R.E. and Crisis Nursery.
- U.S. District Court, Arizona, 2011
- "Protect Your Assets Through Charitable Giving And Advanced Wealth Planning," April 2019
- "A Cautionary Fairy-Tale – If Only Cinderella's Father Had An Estate Plan," January 2019
- "Charitable Remainder Trusts: A Viable Strategy for Building Wealth, Maximizing Tax Deductions, and Supporting a Beloved Charity," May 2016
- "Is the Clayton Election a Good Choice for Your Estate Plan?," 2018
- "The Best Housewarming Gift for the Unmarried Couple: An Estate Plan," June 2017
- "Five Estate Planning Documents Every Young Professional Should Have," July 2014
- “Planning During a Pandemic”, Edward Jones, June 4, 2020
- "Estate Planning for Parents of Minor Children," Western Alliance Bank's Parent Group, November 2019
- "Elder Law Part 2: Abuse & Neglect Claims and How to Deal with Isolation and Seclusion," Maricopa County Bar Association, Moderator, October 2019
- "Intermediate Probate Administration: Dealing With Peculiar Probate Problems," Maricopa County Bar Association's Estate Planning Section, September 2019
- "Kids Are Expensive! Financial and Estate Planning For Parents," Modern Milk, June 2019
- "Is the Clayton Election a Good Choice for Your Estate Plan?," Power Networking Group, February 2018
- "Protect Your Assets Through Charitable Giving and Advanced Wealth Planning," Junior League of Phoenix, November 2017
- "How to Properly Fund Your Trust," Wooddale Village Coffee Club, July 2016
- "Advising Your Clients About Charitable Remainder Trusts," Financial Advisors, June 2016
- "What's on Your Desk?," Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Section of the Maricopa County Bar Association, Panel Moderator, September 2015
- "Myths, Misconceptions and Mistakes in Estate Planning," Cetera Network Advisors, September 2014
- "Basic Estate Planning," Edward Jones Seminar, August 2014