Yeshiva UniversityB.A., Mathematics, 1974
University of OttawaLL.B., 1977
Called to the Bar of Ontario1979
Mr. Litwack's practice is devoted to corporate/commercial matters with a focus on mergers and acquisitions and securities and capital markets. Alan acts generally as counsel to public and private corporations.
His mergers & acquisitions practice includes Canadian and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and sales, as well as experience in takeover bids, both on the target and the acquirer sides, friendly and hostile.
His corporate finance and securities practice includes Canadian and cross border public and private offerings of debt, equity, convertible and hybrid securities, stock exchange listings and other matters for issuers. He also advises professional services firms on tax and structural issues and owners entrepreneurs on succession planning.
Industry sector experience includes high tech, telecommunications, retail, clean tech, environmental, manufacturing, real estate, business services and professional services firms.
Alan has been a lecturer in Securities Law and an instructor in Tax Law at the Bar Admission Course, Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ethical Issues in Business Law, Protecting Privilege, LSUC, 2014
- Buying and Selling a Business, LSUC, 2014
- Professionalism for Business Lawyers, LSUC, Program Chair, 2011-2013
- Baby Boomer Accountants: Preserving Value - Suggestions for Small Firms and Sole Practitioners, 2010
- Contributor, World Watch Toronto, Financier Worldwide, April 2009
- Conflict between Management & Board of Directors, CCCA, 2007
- Buying and Selling a Law Practice, Program Chair, LSUC, 2002, 2007
- Independent Committees - Have They Been Special, Federated Press, 1997
- Poison Pills: Tension Between Directors Duties and Shareholders' Rights, 1995
- Director’s Briefing, CCH, 1995
- Corporate Briefing, CCH, 1995
- Take-Over Bid Chapter, The Director’s Manual CCH, 1995