- Litwack, Alan D. .
- Media Mentions
Alan Litwack (Partner, Toronto) was recently quoted by Lexpert for an article called “The rise of private equity,” analyzing the last 5-10 years of growth seen in the private equity market. As both family offices and private equity funds have grown in recent years, private equity funds, in which lawyers are heavily involved, are giving the public markets a run for their money.
Particularly in the U.S., “it’s getting harder to get valuations” in the public market, Alan told the publication, noting that Uber’s market valuation is down “billions,” and Lyft’s as well. “Investors are far more critical in their analysis of companies doing IPOs” now, he says. And, it’s “far cheaper to do a deal with a private equity fund or another buyer then it is to do an IPO,” including in underwriting fees.
To read more, click here.
- August 19, 2020 Webinars Strategies for Easing Non-Essential Travel Restrictions at the Canada-US Border
- July 9, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode VI - Environmental Considerations and the Path Forward to a “Living” USMCA
- July 8, 2020 Webinars Vietnam and the Great Supply Chain Realignment
- July 2020 Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update July 6, 2020*
- June 25, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode V - Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, Competition and Regulatory Alignment
- June 11, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode IV - Digital, Intellectual Property and Technology Considerations Under USMCA
- May 28, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode III - Managing Your Products and People Across the USMCA Borders
- May 27, 2020 Industry Alerts Cross-Border Travel Between the U.S. and Mexico/Canada – Non-Essential Travel Restrictions Extended to June 22, 2020
- May 14, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode II - USMCA Customs Compliance and Automotive Rules of Origin