- Radnoff, Brian N.
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Brian Radnoff (Partner, Toronto) recently spoke with Advocate Daily for an article titled “Anti-SLAPP legislation shouldn’t be used in defamation case.” The article analyzes a recent claim for $210 million in damages made against the CBC by a fast food chain. The claim is based on a report aired on consumer affairs program Marketplace, which claimed the chain’s chicken sandwiches were only 50% chicken, the rest being soy protein. Counsel for the CBC argued the lawsuit is an attempt to muzzle the CBC and should, therefore, be considered a strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP).
“Why should we have legislation that permits this type of motion in these types of circumstances?” says Radnoff. “This was not the problem this legislation was designed to stop. The legislation is so broad that it applies in situations like this where the lawsuit is not going to silence the defendant.”
- April 12, 2021 In the News Trent Cornell Joins Dickinson Wright Chicago Office
- April 8, 2021 In the News Eight Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2021 Southwest Super Lawyers, Three Named Rising Stars
- January 26, 2021 Industry Alerts Nevada Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Dickinson Wright Client, Applying the “Savings Clause” in Enforcing Non-Competition Agreements
- October 14, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation United States 2021 Edition
- August 3, 2020 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Benchmark Litigation’s 2020 “40 and Under Hot List”
- July 16, 2020 In the News Scott A. Petz Selected to America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators® for 2020
- June 16, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2020 Edition
- April 23, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2020 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- March 9, 2020 In the News James Plemmons Elected Fellow of Litigation Counsel of America