- Radnoff, Brian N.
- Media Mentions
Brian Radnoff (Partner, Toronto) recently spoke with Advocate Daily for an article titled “Anti-SLAPP legislation shouldn’t be used in defamation case.” The article analyzes a recent claim for $210 million in damages made against the CBC by a fast food chain. The claim is based on a report aired on consumer affairs program Marketplace, which claimed the chain’s chicken sandwiches were only 50% chicken, the rest being soy protein. Counsel for the CBC argued the lawsuit is an attempt to muzzle the CBC and should, therefore, be considered a strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP).
“Why should we have legislation that permits this type of motion in these types of circumstances?” says Radnoff. “This was not the problem this legislation was designed to stop. The legislation is so broad that it applies in situations like this where the lawsuit is not going to silence the defendant.”
To read more, click here.
- January 21, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Names John Desmond and Scott Knapp as Co-Division Directors for Litigation
- July 1, 2019 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Benchmark Litigation's 2019 "40 and Under Hot List"
- June 3, 2019 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2019 Edition
- April 25, 2019 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Tops Rankings in 2019 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 15, 2019 In the News Ten Practices in Dickinson Wright's Phoenix Office Ranked in the 2019 Ranking Arizona Guide
- February 4, 2019 In the News Attorney Daniel Quick Elected to the Council of the ABA's Section of Litigation
- January 28, 2019 Media Mentions Dan Quick and Ariana Pellegrino Co-Author Article Featured in State Bar of Michigan’s Litigation Journal
- October 16, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation 2019
- May 03, 2018 - May 04, 2018 Conferences Tennessee Business Law Conference on May 3 - 4, 2018