Brian Radnoff Discusses Appropriate Usage of Anti-SLAPP Legislation with Advocate Daily
- Radnoff, Brian N.
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Brian Radnoff (Partner, Toronto) recently spoke with Advocate Daily for an article titled “Anti-SLAPP legislation shouldn’t be used in defamation case.” The article analyzes a recent claim for $210 million in damages made against the CBC by a fast food chain. The claim is based on a report aired on consumer affairs program Marketplace, which claimed the chain’s chicken sandwiches were only 50% chicken, the rest being soy protein. Counsel for the CBC argued the lawsuit is an attempt to muzzle the CBC and should, therefore, be considered a strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP).
“Why should we have legislation that permits this type of motion in these types of circumstances?” says Radnoff. “This was not the problem this legislation was designed to stop. The legislation is so broad that it applies in situations like this where the lawsuit is not going to silence the defendant.”
- May 8, 2023 In the News Scott Knapp Named a ‘Go To Lawyer’ for Business Litigation by Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- April 5, 2023 In the News Jeffrey Kass Joins Dickinson Wright as a Member
- March 22, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2023 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- January 25, 2023 Articles Your Contractor Messed Up. Can you Fire Them?
- January 24, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers, One Named Rising Star
- January 12, 2023 Industry Alerts Federal Trade Commission Proposes Rule to Ban Non-Compete Clauses
- December 29, 2022 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to 2023 Kentucky Super Lawyers, One Named Rising Star
- November 29, 2022 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- October 5, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation United States 2023 Edition