- Industry Alerts
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
The Government of Ontario announced on Monday the mandatory closure of all non-essential workplaces effective as of Tuesday, March 24th at 11:59 PM. This closure will be in effect for 14 days with the possibility of extending the order as the situation evolves.
The mandatory closure includes any businesses that are for-profit, non-profit, or otherwise providing goods or services. Importantly, this does not preclude businesses to provide services either online, by telephone, or by mail/ delivery. All teleworking and online commerce are permitted at all times for any business.
Businesses that are permitted to remain open can be found on the Government of Ontario’s webpage. Nineteen specified categories have been deemed essential, each with their own sub-categories. Please read these categories carefully to see if your business is impacted by the closures. For a brief list of the essential businesses, see below.
The mandatory closures remain ongoing and are subject to change. If you are concerned that you or your business may be impacted, please contact Dickinson Wright LLP.
List of Essential Businesses
- Supply chains
- Retail and wholesaling
- Food services and accommodations
- Institutional, residential, commercial and industrial maintenance
- Telecommunications and IT infrastructure/ service providers
- Manufacturing and production
- Agriculture and food production
- Financial activities
- Environmental services
- Utilities and community services
- Communications industries
- Health care and seniors care and social services
- Justice sector
- Other businesses (miscellaneous, but including mail delivery services, professional services, security services, among others)
- Business regulators and inspectors
- July 29, 2021 In the News Jennifer Ko Craft Named to Managing IP’s 2021 Top 250 Women in IP List
- July 28, 2021 In the News Aaron Burrell Named a “40 Under 40” Honoree by the National Bar Association
- July 28, 2021 In the News Arthur Sims Joins Dickinson Wright’s Ft. Lauderdale Office
- July 22, 2021 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Benchmark Litigation’s 2021 “40 and Under Hot List”
- July 22, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in Chambers 2021 High Net Worth Guide
- July 22, 2021 Industry Alerts Kris Beecher Featured on Minutes on the Matter on United States v. Cooley
- July 21, 2021 Industry Alerts DW-China Trade Update (38th Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十八期)
- July 20, 2021 Media Mentions Rose Willis Quoted by Modern Healthcare on Right-to-Repair Executive Order's Impact on Healthcare Costs
- July 20, 2021 Media Mentions Wendy Hulton Featured in Canadian Lawyer Magazine on New Federal Privacy Legislation