- Industry Alerts
The Government of Ontario announced on Monday the mandatory closure of all non-essential workplaces effective as of Tuesday, March 24th at 11:59 PM. This closure will be in effect for 14 days with the possibility of extending the order as the situation evolves.
The mandatory closure includes any businesses that are for-profit, non-profit, or otherwise providing goods or services. Importantly, this does not preclude businesses to provide services either online, by telephone, or by mail/ delivery. All teleworking and online commerce are permitted at all times for any business.
Businesses that are permitted to remain open can be found on the Government of Ontario’s webpage. Nineteen specified categories have been deemed essential, each with their own sub-categories. Please read these categories carefully to see if your business is impacted by the closures. For a brief list of the essential businesses, see below.
The mandatory closures remain ongoing and are subject to change. If you are concerned that you or your business may be impacted, please contact Dickinson Wright LLP.
List of Essential Businesses
- Supply chains
- Retail and wholesaling
- Food services and accommodations
- Institutional, residential, commercial and industrial maintenance
- Telecommunications and IT infrastructure/ service providers
- Manufacturing and production
- Agriculture and food production
- Financial activities
- Environmental services
- Utilities and community services
- Communications industries
- Health care and seniors care and social services
- Justice sector
- Other businesses (miscellaneous, but including mail delivery services, professional services, security services, among others)
- Business regulators and inspectors
- February 3, 2021 Webinars It's Not too Late to Ask for Help: Options for Owners as the Pandemic (Hopefully) Winds Down
- February 2, 2021 Webinars CUSBA Presents 9th Annual Cross-Border Economic Forecast
- January 21, 2021 Webinars Back to the Future: Biden’s Plans for Environmental Regulation and How it Affects Your Business
- January 19, 2021 Industry Alerts Ohio Governor Signs “Alternate Employer Organization” Legislation
- January 15, 2021 In the News Flavia Campbell Named a Top 100 Lawyer in Arizona by Az Business
- January 15, 2021 Industry Alerts An Important Clarification of the Duty of Honest Contractual Performance
- January 14, 2021 Industry Alerts New Stimulus Bill Creates Small Claims Copyright Court
- January 13, 2021 Webinars Automotive Update 2021: Opportunities and Headwinds Facing the Tech-Focused Automotive and Mobility Industry
- January 13, 2021 Media Mentions William Honaker Quoted by Music Connection on Best Career Tips of 2020