- Industry Alerts
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
The Government of Ontario announced on Monday the mandatory closure of all non-essential workplaces effective as of Tuesday, March 24th at 11:59 PM. This closure will be in effect for 14 days with the possibility of extending the order as the situation evolves.
The mandatory closure includes any businesses that are for-profit, non-profit, or otherwise providing goods or services. Importantly, this does not preclude businesses to provide services either online, by telephone, or by mail/ delivery. All teleworking and online commerce are permitted at all times for any business.
Businesses that are permitted to remain open can be found on the Government of Ontario’s webpage. Nineteen specified categories have been deemed essential, each with their own sub-categories. Please read these categories carefully to see if your business is impacted by the closures. For a brief list of the essential businesses, see below.
The mandatory closures remain ongoing and are subject to change. If you are concerned that you or your business may be impacted, please contact Dickinson Wright LLP.
List of Essential Businesses
- Supply chains
- Retail and wholesaling
- Food services and accommodations
- Institutional, residential, commercial and industrial maintenance
- Telecommunications and IT infrastructure/ service providers
- Manufacturing and production
- Agriculture and food production
- Financial activities
- Environmental services
- Utilities and community services
- Communications industries
- Health care and seniors care and social services
- Justice sector
- Other businesses (miscellaneous, but including mail delivery services, professional services, security services, among others)
- Business regulators and inspectors
- November 3, 2021 Webinars Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies
- November 03, 2021 Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies | 電気および自動運転車技術におけるソフトウェアの知的財産の保護
- October 20, 2021 Webinars North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation
- October 20, 2021 Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation | 北米の電動化への動き: 東アジアではどうなるのか
- October 18, 2021 Blogs Key September USCIS Process Updates | 9月の米国移民局の手続きに関する主なアップデート
- October 14, 2021 Media Mentions Jeff Silver Interviewed in Nevada Newsmakers on His Career
- October 08, 2021 Industry Alerts Key September USCIS Process Updates
- October 08, 2021 Media Mentions Rose Willis Included in Hospital Peer Review on Telehealth Credentials
- October 07, 2021 In the News John Schuring Appointed as Chair of Business Law Section of Michigan State Bar