- Krieger, John L.
- Media Mentions
John Krieger (Member, Las Vegas) was recently quoted in Business Lexington’s article, “Protecting Your Digital IP.” In June, photographer Matilde Gattoni filed suit against Microsoft, seeking $150,000 for each of the 15 images that the company used without permission. These images had previously been registered with the U.S. Copyright Office and if she can prove that Microsoft’s use of them was “willful,” Gattoni could be collecting a $2.25 million fine. While there are many forms of copyright protection, the simple act of registering your original content with the federal government can assure that your work is recognized as yours. “A lot of people have the assumption that if it’s on the internet they can use it … and that’s not always the case. When it comes to your own small business, it’s important that you create the content that you’re going to be using,” says Krieger. Click here to learn more.
- January 15, 2021 In the News Flavia Campbell Named a Top 100 Lawyer in Arizona by Az Business
- January 14, 2021 Industry Alerts New Stimulus Bill Creates Small Claims Copyright Court
- January 13, 2021 Media Mentions William Honaker Quoted by Music Connection on Best Career Tips of 2020
- January 06, 2021 Industry Alerts BREXIT - EUTM Registrations and Cloned United Kingdom Registrations
- January 05, 2021 Media Mentions Gerlinde Nattler Published in Detroit Legal News on Intellectual Property in 2021
- December 04, 2020 Media Mentions William Honaker Authors Article on Intellectual Property Traps for Detroit Legal News
- November 23, 2020 Media Mentions William Honaker Discusses Underrepresentation of Female Inventors on The Feldman Report
- November 17, 2020 Media Mentions Philip Retting Quoted by Crain's Detroit on IP Work During the Pandemic
- November 16, 2020 In the News Cindy Villanueva Elected Communications Director for Los Abogados Board of Directors