- Krieger, John L.
- Media Mentions
Want to get our alerts?
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
John Krieger (Member, Las Vegas) was recently quoted in Business Lexington’s article, “Protecting Your Digital IP.” In June, photographer Matilde Gattoni filed suit against Microsoft, seeking $150,000 for each of the 15 images that the company used without permission. These images had previously been registered with the U.S. Copyright Office and if she can prove that Microsoft’s use of them was “willful,” Gattoni could be collecting a $2.25 million fine. While there are many forms of copyright protection, the simple act of registering your original content with the federal government can assure that your work is recognized as yours. “A lot of people have the assumption that if it’s on the internet they can use it … and that’s not always the case. When it comes to your own small business, it’s important that you create the content that you’re going to be using,” says Krieger. Click here to learn more.
- October 24, 2023 Podcasts DW FastTrack Episode 3: How to Best Utilize Outside Counsel
- October 10, 2023 Podcasts DW FastTrack Episode 2: Twitter Rebrand to X with Caleb Green
- October 10, 2023 Video Minutes on the Matter with Jeffrey Kass: Keyword Bidding on Search Engines
- September 28, 2023 In the News Alexandria Chun Joins Dickinson Wright Toronto Office
- September 28, 2023 In the News Matthew Powell and Michael Spink Listed in the 2023 Edition of the IAM Strategy 300
- August 14, 2023 In the News Sanjukta Tole Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Intellectual Property 2023 Guide
- July 10, 2023 In the News Twelve Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2023 IP Stars
- June 28, 2023 In the News Caleb Green Receives the 2023 Young Lawyer of the Year Award from the State Bar of Nevada
- June 26, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers