- Frenkel, Jacob S. .
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Jacob Frenkel (Member and Government Investigations and Securities Enforcement Practice Group Chair, Washington, D.C.) recently spoke with a variety of domestic and international major media outlets regarding the saga unfolding on Wall Street involving Gamestop, popular social media site Reddit, and online stock trading apps, including Robinhood. Major media regularly seek Jacob’s commentary and perspective based on his having served as a Senior Counsel in the SEC’s Enforcement Division. Jacob’s commentary focused on the unusual market volatility in GameStop’s share price, ultimately resulting in Robinhood and other firms temporarily limiting trading of the stock. Speaking to CNBC’s Fast Money, Jacob said, “The SEC has the administrative ability to suspend trading when there are questions about the accuracy of publicly available information….One of the bases for a trading suspension is a possible or potential stock manipulation.” To read or view more of Jacob’s analysis, click the links below.
- Associated Press (in the Detroit News): GameStop soars again; Wall Street bends under the pressure
- Agence France Presse (in The Straits Times): Epic battle over GameStop as 'nerds' take on Wall Street
- Reuters: EXPLAINER-Why regulators may scrutinize GameStop's Reddit-driven retail stock surge
- Reuters: Famed GameStop bull 'Roaring Kitty' is a Massachusetts financial advisor
- BBC: Gamestop: 'Failing' firm soars in value as amateurs buy stock
- Wall Street Journal CFO: Stock-Market Frenzy Offers Some CFOs a Chance to Cash In
- KNX 1070 Radio Los Angeles: Will the GameStop trading frenzy really revolutionize Wall Street, or was this just an expensive prank?
- CNBC Fast Money: Former SEC lawyer on Reddit revolution
- CNN International First Move: Former SEC Senior Counsel Jacob Frenkel Weighs in on GameStop & AMC Stock Gains
- CNBC Squawk on the Street: SEC should utilize its trading suspension authority: Fmr. SEC counsel
- Yahoo Finance Live: Dickinson Wright Chair on GameStop frenzy: ‘The SEC should have used its trading suspension authority’
- Dough.com’s Social Currency Podcast: Are WallStreetBets Traders In Trouble? - Former SEC Lawyer Explains
- Cheddar’s Between Bells: Examining Robinhood's Actions With Former SEC Lawyer
- NPR: What the Gamestop Saga Reveals about Wall Street
- TRT World Nexus: Gamestop Battle Explained
- Cheddar: Former SEC Lawyer Breaks Down Why Nothing May Come of GameStop Hearing
- December 06, 2023 Industry Alerts Understanding the CSA’s Proposed Shelf Prospectus Regime for Well-Known Seasoned Issuers
- July 18, 2023 Video Minutes on the Matter with Frank Borger Gilligan: SEC v Ripple Labs, and What It Means for Digital Assets
- July 07, 2023 Industry Alerts Amendments to Canadian Securities Exchange Policies
- June 12, 2023 In the News Rafael Amador Joins Dickinson Wright Ft. Lauderdale Office
- May 01, 2023 Video Minutes Matter on Matter with Frank Borger Gilligan: Raising Capital – Working with Finders
- February 09, 2023 Industry Alerts Fee-Based Annuities: A Potential Insurance Trap for the Unwary Financial Planner
- February 06, 2023 Congress Provides M&A Brokers a Statutory Exemption from Exchange Act Registration
- December 16, 2022 Industry Alerts The Listed Issuer Financing Exemption
- October 20, 2022 Industry Alerts New Disclosure Requirements for the 2023 Proxy Season