- Frenkel, Jacob S. .
- Media Mentions
Jacob Frenkel was recently quoted in the Associated Press article published by ABC News, among many news outlets, “Musk Statement on Tesla Production Raises Questions.” The article discusses how, for years, the Securities and Exchange Commission has grappled with Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s statements on Twitter that have affected Tesla’s share price. On a conference call on January 27, Musk stated that Tesla was producing the Models S and X and would be delivering them in February; however, Tesla’s disclosures revealed zero production. “Much hinges on whether the SEC finds Musk's statements to be “material” — that is, something a reasonable investor would find important in deciding whether to trade a company's shares…Production disclosures could be considered material,” says Frenkel. Click here to read the full article.
- April 06, 2021 Industry Alerts SPAC Transactions Continue to Draw SEC’s Attention
- March 02, 2021 Media Mentions Will Dorton Quoted by Thomson Reuters on SEC's Increased Focus on Climate Change Disclosures
- February 02, 2021 Media Mentions Jacob Frenkel Discusses GameStop Stock Saga with Multiple Major Media Outlets
- September 03, 2020 Industry Alerts SEC Expands Accredited Investor Definition, Giving Impetus to Private Markets
- June 30, 2020 Industry Alerts SEC Issues Supplemental COVID-19 Guidance on Disclosure Considerations Relating to Operations, Liquidity, and Capital Resources
- April 28, 2020 Industry Alerts SEC Provides Guidance to Broker-Dealers and Investment Advisers Regarding Examinations for Compliance with Regulation Best Interest and Form CRS
- March 2020 Industry Alerts SEC Issues Guidance Regarding Disclosure Obligations in Light of COVID-19
- March 2020 Industry Alerts Temporary Exemptive Relief from Certain Securities Regulatory Filing Requirements during the COVID-19 Pandemic