Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
John S. Artz and James K. Cleland, both member partners and intellectual property litigators in the Ann Arbor office of Dickinson Wright PLLC, will serve as panelists on Navigating IP Protection and Enforcement in the District of Amazon at the State Bar of Michigan Spring IP Law Seminar. The virtual event will explore Amazon’s brand registry, trademark infringement complaint process, and utility patent neutral evaluation procedure. It will be livestreamed on Thursday, March 25 at 11:30 a.m. and also available on demand.
Artz is co-chair of Dickinson Wright’s intellectual property litigation practice group and experienced in covering all areas of intellectual property litigation, in addition to extensive involvement with the acquisition, enforcement, management, and prosecution of patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret assets. Artz has served as lead counsel for Fortune 50 companies, Tier 1 auto suppliers, large health insurers, and popular consumer brands in federal courts across the country, including the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals. He has also been lead counsel in 25+ IPRs before the Patent Office.
Cleland litigates patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and unfair competition cases in a broad range of technologies including the automotive, chemical, materials science, mechanical, electrical and medical device arts, and assists his clients with counseling, opinion and licensing work in those same areas. He has substantial first chair experience in both federal district courts and the Patent Trial and Appeals Board, including trials, IPRs, preliminary injunction hearings, Markman hearings summary judgment proceedings and all aspects of fact and expert witness discovery.
The Spring IP Law seminar is presented by the Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan in cooperation with the Institute of Continuing Legal Education. Information and registration information on all topics presented at the March 25 event can be found here.
- April 21, 2021 Media Mentions Jonathan Baker Named to Daily Journal's "Top Intellectual Property Lawyers 2021" List
- April 20, 2021 Media Mentions Flavia Campbell Quoted by LegalZoom on Copyright Protections in Graphic Design
- April 15, 2021 In the News Catherine Hoffman and Gregory Mayback Named Top Lawyers by 2021 South Florida Legal Guide
- April 14, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Selected as Young Lawyer Fellow by American Bar Association's Intellectual Property Law Section
- March 26, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Featured in Minutes on the Matter on IP Risks for Landlords During the Eviction Process
- March 03, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Published in Intellectual Property Magazine on IP Rights Concerns During Eviction Process Through Pandemic
- March 03, 2021 Media Mentions William Honaker Published in IP Watchdog on Copyright Small Claims Board
- February 26, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Joins Panel for National Bar Association's "Getting Started: Maximizing Your Finances" Webinar
- February 23, 2021 Media Mentions Andrea Arndt Discusses COVID-19 Related Counterfeit Products with WWJ News Radio and Fox 2 News Detroit