Dickinson Wright intellectual property attorneys to serve as panelists at State Bar of Michigan Spring IP Law Seminar on March 25
- Artz, John S. Cleland, James
- In the News
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
John S. Artz and James K. Cleland, both member partners and intellectual property litigators in the Ann Arbor office of Dickinson Wright PLLC, will serve as panelists on Navigating IP Protection and Enforcement in the District of Amazon at the State Bar of Michigan Spring IP Law Seminar. The virtual event will explore Amazon’s brand registry, trademark infringement complaint process, and utility patent neutral evaluation procedure. It will be livestreamed on Thursday, March 25 at 11:30 a.m. and also available on demand.
Artz is co-chair of Dickinson Wright’s intellectual property litigation practice group and experienced in covering all areas of intellectual property litigation, in addition to extensive involvement with the acquisition, enforcement, management, and prosecution of patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret assets. Artz has served as lead counsel for Fortune 50 companies, Tier 1 auto suppliers, large health insurers, and popular consumer brands in federal courts across the country, including the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals. He has also been lead counsel in 25+ IPRs before the Patent Office.
Cleland litigates patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and unfair competition cases in a broad range of technologies including the automotive, chemical, materials science, mechanical, electrical and medical device arts, and assists his clients with counseling, opinion and licensing work in those same areas. He has substantial first chair experience in both federal district courts and the Patent Trial and Appeals Board, including trials, IPRs, preliminary injunction hearings, Markman hearings summary judgment proceedings and all aspects of fact and expert witness discovery.
The Spring IP Law seminar is presented by the Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan in cooperation with the Institute of Continuing Legal Education. Information and registration information on all topics presented at the March 25 event can be found here.
- June 1, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2023 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 24, 2023 In the News Flavia Campbell Named to Latino Leaders Rising Stars 2023 List
- April 19, 2023 Industry Alerts A Seller’s Guide to Navigating Intellectual Property Law on Amazon
- April 5, 2023 In the News Jeffrey Kass Joins Dickinson Wright as a Member
- March 22, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2023 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- March 3, 2023 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2023 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- February 28, 2023 Industry Alerts Trademark Scams
- February 14, 2023 Industry Alerts Canadian Patent Infringement: The Role of Non-Infringing Options in Profit Calculations and the Availability of Springboard Profits
- January 19, 2023 Industry Alerts Good News for Creators: Canada Extends Copyright Term