Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
John S. Artz and James K. Cleland, both member partners and intellectual property litigators in the Ann Arbor office of Dickinson Wright PLLC, will serve as panelists on Navigating IP Protection and Enforcement in the District of Amazon at the State Bar of Michigan Spring IP Law Seminar. The virtual event will explore Amazon’s brand registry, trademark infringement complaint process, and utility patent neutral evaluation procedure. It will be livestreamed on Thursday, March 25 at 11:30 a.m. and also available on demand.
Artz is co-chair of Dickinson Wright’s intellectual property litigation practice group and experienced in covering all areas of intellectual property litigation, in addition to extensive involvement with the acquisition, enforcement, management, and prosecution of patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret assets. Artz has served as lead counsel for Fortune 50 companies, Tier 1 auto suppliers, large health insurers, and popular consumer brands in federal courts across the country, including the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals. He has also been lead counsel in 25+ IPRs before the Patent Office.
Cleland litigates patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and unfair competition cases in a broad range of technologies including the automotive, chemical, materials science, mechanical, electrical and medical device arts, and assists his clients with counseling, opinion and licensing work in those same areas. He has substantial first chair experience in both federal district courts and the Patent Trial and Appeals Board, including trials, IPRs, preliminary injunction hearings, Markman hearings summary judgment proceedings and all aspects of fact and expert witness discovery.
The Spring IP Law seminar is presented by the Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan in cooperation with the Institute of Continuing Legal Education. Information and registration information on all topics presented at the March 25 event can be found here.
- November 3, 2021 Webinars Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies
- October 26, 2021 In the News Sanjukta Tole Quoted by Canadian Lawyer Magazine on Upcoming Changes to Process Before Trademarks Opposition Board
- September 22, 2021 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2021 Texas Super Lawyers
- September 21, 2021 Media Mentions Lance Anderson Quoted by Technology Transfer Tactics on Sublicensing Terms
- September 1, 2021 In the News Sanjukta S. Tole Joins Dickinson Wright LLP as a Partner
- August 26, 2021 In the News Six Dickinson Wright Lawyers Ranked in Best Lawyers in Canada® 2022 Edition
- July 29, 2021 In the News Jennifer Ko Craft Named to Managing IP’s 2021 Top 250 Women in IP List
- July 19, 2021 Media Mentions Dickinson Wright Featured in Law360 on New IP Lawyers
- July 15, 2021 In the News Jennifer Ko Craft Named to The American Lawyer’s 2021 West Trailblazers List