Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
John S. Artz and James K. Cleland, both member partners and intellectual property litigators in the Ann Arbor office of Dickinson Wright PLLC, will serve as panelists on Navigating IP Protection and Enforcement in the District of Amazon at the State Bar of Michigan Spring IP Law Seminar. The virtual event will explore Amazon’s brand registry, trademark infringement complaint process, and utility patent neutral evaluation procedure. It will be livestreamed on Thursday, March 25 at 11:30 a.m. and also available on demand.
Artz is co-chair of Dickinson Wright’s intellectual property litigation practice group and experienced in covering all areas of intellectual property litigation, in addition to extensive involvement with the acquisition, enforcement, management, and prosecution of patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret assets. Artz has served as lead counsel for Fortune 50 companies, Tier 1 auto suppliers, large health insurers, and popular consumer brands in federal courts across the country, including the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals. He has also been lead counsel in 25+ IPRs before the Patent Office.
Cleland litigates patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and unfair competition cases in a broad range of technologies including the automotive, chemical, materials science, mechanical, electrical and medical device arts, and assists his clients with counseling, opinion and licensing work in those same areas. He has substantial first chair experience in both federal district courts and the Patent Trial and Appeals Board, including trials, IPRs, preliminary injunction hearings, Markman hearings summary judgment proceedings and all aspects of fact and expert witness discovery.
The Spring IP Law seminar is presented by the Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan in cooperation with the Institute of Continuing Legal Education. Information and registration information on all topics presented at the March 25 event can be found here.
- January 19, 2023 Industry Alerts Good News for Creators: Canada Extends Copyright Term
- January 17, 2023 In the News Jonathan Pollack Joins Dickinson Wright LLP
- January 11, 2023 In the News Damian Aquino and Corey Neil Join Dickinson Wright Troy Office
- December 15, 2022 Webinars Two New Tools to Enforce and Defend Your Company’s Trademark Rights
- December 12, 2022 In the News Bret McClay Named Of Counsel at Dickinson Wright
- December 07, 2022 Webinars Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court -- Let's Explore the New European Patent Universe
- September 26, 2022 Industry Alerts TTAB's Precedential Opinion in In re County of Orange Affirms Refusal of Registering Orange County's Unofficial Insignia
- September 23, 2022 In the News Caleb Green Recognized by the Washington Bar Association and National Bar Association as a 2022 Power 100 Honoree
- September 23, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2022 Texas Super Lawyers