Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
John S. Artz and James K. Cleland, both member partners and intellectual property litigators in the Ann Arbor office of Dickinson Wright PLLC, will serve as panelists on Navigating IP Protection and Enforcement in the District of Amazon at the State Bar of Michigan Spring IP Law Seminar. The virtual event will explore Amazon’s brand registry, trademark infringement complaint process, and utility patent neutral evaluation procedure. It will be livestreamed on Thursday, March 25 at 11:30 a.m. and also available on demand.
Artz is co-chair of Dickinson Wright’s intellectual property litigation practice group and experienced in covering all areas of intellectual property litigation, in addition to extensive involvement with the acquisition, enforcement, management, and prosecution of patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret assets. Artz has served as lead counsel for Fortune 50 companies, Tier 1 auto suppliers, large health insurers, and popular consumer brands in federal courts across the country, including the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals. He has also been lead counsel in 25+ IPRs before the Patent Office.
Cleland litigates patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and unfair competition cases in a broad range of technologies including the automotive, chemical, materials science, mechanical, electrical and medical device arts, and assists his clients with counseling, opinion and licensing work in those same areas. He has substantial first chair experience in both federal district courts and the Patent Trial and Appeals Board, including trials, IPRs, preliminary injunction hearings, Markman hearings summary judgment proceedings and all aspects of fact and expert witness discovery.
The Spring IP Law seminar is presented by the Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan in cooperation with the Institute of Continuing Legal Education. Information and registration information on all topics presented at the March 25 event can be found here.
- February 22, 2024 In the News Tron Fu Joins Dickinson Wright Chicago Office as a Member
- October 24, 2023 Podcasts DW FastTrack Episode 3: How to Best Utilize Outside Counsel
- October 10, 2023 Podcasts DW FastTrack Episode 2: Twitter Rebrand to X with Caleb Green
- October 10, 2023 Video Minutes on the Matter with Jeffrey Kass: Keyword Bidding on Search Engines
- September 28, 2023 In the News Alexandria Chun Joins Dickinson Wright Toronto Office
- September 28, 2023 In the News Matthew Powell and Michael Spink Listed in the 2023 Edition of the IAM Strategy 300
- August 14, 2023 In the News Sanjukta Tole Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Intellectual Property 2023 Guide
- July 10, 2023 In the News Twelve Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2023 IP Stars
- June 28, 2023 In the News Caleb Green Receives the 2023 Young Lawyer of the Year Award from the State Bar of Nevada