James Cleland Quoted in Law360 on Iancu's Departure from USPTO
- Cleland, James
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
James Cleland (Member, Ann Arbor) was recently quoted in Law360’s article, “Iancu Leaves Pro-Patentee Legacy As USPTO Director.” Former U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Director, Andrei Iancu has recently resigned upon the inauguration of President Joe Biden. He will be remembered for instituting policies that tended to favor patentees while making USPTO procedures clearer and more predictable, attorneys say. In his final public appearance as USPTO director, Iancu said the changes he put in place have brought more balance to the board. Iancu seemed to be motivated by a desire to ensure that the patent system promotes innovation and doesn't discourage patent applicants with high rates of rejections or invalidity decisions, says Jim. "He was very concerned about the U.S. remaining at the forefront as an innovator and at the forefront of technology development in the world," according to Jim. Click here to read the full article.
- March 22, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2023 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- March 3, 2023 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2023 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- February 28, 2023 Industry Alerts Trademark Scams
- February 14, 2023 Industry Alerts Canadian Patent Infringement: The Role of Non-Infringing Options in Profit Calculations and the Availability of Springboard Profits
- January 19, 2023 Industry Alerts Good News for Creators: Canada Extends Copyright Term
- January 17, 2023 In the News Jonathan Pollack Joins Dickinson Wright LLP
- January 11, 2023 In the News Damian Aquino and Corey Neil Join Dickinson Wright Troy Office
- December 15, 2022 Webinars Two New Tools to Enforce and Defend Your Company’s Trademark Rights
- December 12, 2022 In the News Bret McClay Named Of Counsel at Dickinson Wright