- Levitt, Edward "Ned".
- Industry Alerts
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
On February 1, 2017, the British Columbia Franchises Act and Regulations came into effect making British Columbia the sixth province in Canada with franchise legislation. The introduction of franchise legislation in British Columbia means franchisors operating in the Province will need to create or revise existing franchise disclosure documents (for other Provinces) in order to meet their obligations under the new laws.
While substantially similar to franchise legislation in other provinces, the British Columbia franchise legislation does bear differences that franchisors need to be aware of including those pertaining to:
- Methods of Delivery
- Financial Statements
- Advertising Funds
- Training and Manuals
- Territory and Proximity
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Information on Current and Former Franchisees
- Negative Statements
- Guarantees and Security Interests
To learn more about the British Columbia franchise legislation or for assistance in creating or making necessary changes to your franchise disclosure documents, please contact our Franchise & Distribution Group.
This client alert is published by Dickinson Wright LLP to inform our clients and friends of important developments in the field of franchise and distribution law. The content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We encourage you to consult a Dickinson Wright attorney if you have specific questions or concerns relating to any of the topics covered in here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ned Levitt is a Partner in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. He can be reached at 416.646.3842 or email@example.com
Andrae Marrocco is a Partner in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. He can be reached at 416.777.4046 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like a printable version of this franchise client alert, click here.
- Industry Alerts BC Finalizes Franchise Laws
- Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 18: Attorney General of Quebec v. Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
- Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 17: Canada Continues Push for Single-Game Sports Betting
- November 21, 2023 In the News Ned Levitt Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Franchising 2023 Guide
- November 21, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Canada 2023
- September 28, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2024 Edition of Chambers Canada
- April 4, 2023 In the News Ned Levitt Named to Franchise Times 2023 Legal Eagles
- March 3, 2023 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2023 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- October 6, 2022 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Canada 2022