Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
British Columbia has released the anticipated regulations to the previously enacted Franchises Act (BC). The Franchises Act (BC) will come into force on February 1, 2017, at which time British Columbia will be the sixth Canadian province to have franchise specific (disclosure) legislation. The Franchises Regulation can be viewed on the British Columbia website.
Unsurprisingly, the Regulation reflects both the template franchise regulation developed by the Uniform Law Conference of Canada and the recommendations made by the British Columbia Law Institute on the proposed regulations. Moreover, the regulations are in general similar to those of the other Canadian provinces.
Stay tuned for our upcoming analysis and commentary on the new British Columbia franchise law.
This client alert is published by Dickinson Wright LLP to inform our clients and friends of important developments in the field of franchise and distribution law. The content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We encourage you to consult a Dickinson Wright attorney if you have specific questions or concerns relating to any of the topics covered in here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ned Levitt is a Partner in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. He can be reached at 416.646.3842 or email@example.com
Andrae Marrocco is a Partner in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. He can be reached at 416.777.4046 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ted A. Kalnins is Of Counsel in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. He can be reached at 416.777.4008 or email@example.com
Kathy Le is an Associate in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. She can be reached at 416.777.2392 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like a printable version of this client alert, click here.
- Industry Alerts BC Franchise Laws Come Into Effect
- Industry Alerts Electronic and Courier Delivery Coming to Ontario
- Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 18: Attorney General of Quebec v. Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
- November 22, 2021 In the News Ned Levitt and Michael Lipton Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Canada 2021
- August 26, 2021 In the News Six Dickinson Wright Lawyers Ranked in Best Lawyers in Canada® 2022 Edition
- April 27, 2021 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2021 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- March 08, 2021 Industry Alerts Sub-Par Claim: Franchisee’s Beef with Supplier Leaves Bad Taste
- February 03, 2021 Media Mentions Ned Levitt Quoted in Global Franchise Magazine on Cross-Border Franchising
- January 27, 2021 Media Mentions Ned Levitt Presents at Canada Franchise Association's "Virtual Franchise Canada Show Toronto"