British Columbia has released the anticipated regulations to the previously enacted Franchises Act (BC). The Franchises Act (BC) will come into force on February 1, 2017, at which time British Columbia will be the sixth Canadian province to have franchise specific (disclosure) legislation. The Franchises Regulation can be viewed on the British Columbia website.
Unsurprisingly, the Regulation reflects both the template franchise regulation developed by the Uniform Law Conference of Canada and the recommendations made by the British Columbia Law Institute on the proposed regulations. Moreover, the regulations are in general similar to those of the other Canadian provinces.
Stay tuned for our upcoming analysis and commentary on the new British Columbia franchise law.
This client alert is published by Dickinson Wright LLP to inform our clients and friends of important developments in the field of franchise and distribution law. The content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We encourage you to consult a Dickinson Wright attorney if you have specific questions or concerns relating to any of the topics covered in here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ned Levitt is a Partner in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. He can be reached at 416.646.3842 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrae Marrocco is a Partner in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. He can be reached at 416.777.4046 or email@example.com
Ted A. Kalnins is Of Counsel in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. He can be reached at 416.777.4008 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Le is an Associate in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. She can be reached at 416.777.2392 or email@example.com
If you would like a printable version of this client alert, click here.
- September 23, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2020 Edition of Chambers Canada
- May 09, 2019 Seminars USA Franchise Investment Seminar for Eastern Canada
- February 24 - 27, 2019 Conferences International Franchise Business Roundtables - International Franchise Association 2019 Convention
- October 5, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Ned Levitt Recently Contributed to the “Getting the Deal Through – Franchise 2019” Publication
- May 16, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Ned Levitt Quoted in the Franchising.com Article “It's a Digital World: Technology is Changing International Franchising”
- June 2017 Industry Alerts Proposed Changes to Ontario Employment and Labour Laws
- May 2017 Industry Alerts New Arizona Law Releases Chokehold on Franchise Employment Status Dilemma
- March 2017 Industry Alerts Franchise and Distribution News
- February 2017 Industry Alerts BC Franchise Laws Come Into Effect