British Columbia has released the anticipated regulations to the previously enacted Franchises Act (BC). The Franchises Act (BC) will come into force on February 1, 2017, at which time British Columbia will be the sixth Canadian province to have franchise specific (disclosure) legislation. The Franchises Regulation can be viewed on the British Columbia website.
Unsurprisingly, the Regulation reflects both the template franchise regulation developed by the Uniform Law Conference of Canada and the recommendations made by the British Columbia Law Institute on the proposed regulations. Moreover, the regulations are in general similar to those of the other Canadian provinces.
Stay tuned for our upcoming analysis and commentary on the new British Columbia franchise law.
This client alert is published by Dickinson Wright LLP to inform our clients and friends of important developments in the field of franchise and distribution law. The content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We encourage you to consult a Dickinson Wright attorney if you have specific questions or concerns relating to any of the topics covered in here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ned Levitt is a Partner in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. He can be reached at 416.646.3842 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrae Marrocco is a Partner in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. He can be reached at 416.777.4046 or email@example.com
Ted A. Kalnins is Of Counsel in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. He can be reached at 416.777.4008 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Le is an Associate in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. She can be reached at 416.777.2392 or email@example.com
If you would like a printable version of this client alert, click here.
- Industry Alerts BC Franchise Laws Come Into Effect
- Industry Alerts Electronic and Courier Delivery Coming to Ontario
- Industry Alerts Litigating in Ontario
- September 15, 2020 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2021 Edition of Chambers Canada
- May 21, 2020 In the News Ned Levitt Featured in LexisNexis Canada Spotlight Interview
- May 12, 2020 In the News Ned Levitt is Listed in the 2020 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- May 01, 2020 Industry Alerts Post-COVID Opportunities and Legal Considerations to Franchise Resale
- September 23, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2020 Edition of Chambers Canada
- May 09, 2019 Seminars USA Franchise Investment Seminar for Eastern Canada